Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 Computer stuff
 New Statesman New Media Awards
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2008 :  07:05:11  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
We've been nominated!

Has our website helped you? Do you like PJ and out Webmaster's creativity? Then please comment:

The Tax Credit Casualties have received an Award Nomination! Please, if you feel we've helped you on You must be logged in to see this link. , add a comment to our New Statesman Media award - Consumer Activism - on You must be logged in to see this link.

This would help us win and get TCC better known to help others...

Help us to help you!

Morpheus: … as long as there is a single breath in his body he'll never give up… and neither can we.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Sarah
Rank; Captain Gordon

247 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2008 :  12:55:18  Show Profile Send Sarah a Private Message
Come on folks, get posting!

There's been no new comments on the nomination for 2 days - I'm sure not every one has said something.
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2008 :  18:02:33  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Sarah

Come on folks, get posting!

There's been no new comments on the nomination for 2 days - I'm sure not every one has said something.

I did!

Apathy rules OK - so why do I bother?

Edited by - Alan the Geordie on 22/05/2008 18:57:19
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2008 :  08:06:16  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Thanks for all your nominations and comments. If you look here... You must be logged in to see this link.

...and scroll down, you will see that a combination of the typo's we all fall foul of at times, and (perhaps) dyslexia has led to multiple nominations with different spellings.

But no worries. Maybe someone who hasn't posted before under an accidentally misspelt version could just log on to comment and just add something complimentary, perhaps just noting that these all relate to the same site, You must be logged in to see this link. (which has replaced the old 'blueyonder', more complicated and thus less memorable address).

I notice our star ratings could also use a boost for each! Could someone kindly oblige in that department, too, please?

Massive thanks, Ali.

Morpheus: … as long as there is a single breath in his body he'll never give up… and neither can we.
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2008 :  18:20:33  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Well, that's a shame. Despite 57 glowing comments (plus some under other spelling variants of our name), we didn't make the finals.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Oh well, you can't win 'em all. But just reading the comments was quite something. Must be making some kind of difference. Wonder if Labour MPs would ever read them?

Trinity: The answer is out there… and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2008 :  18:50:30  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
>>...and scroll down, you will see that a combination of the typo's we all fall foul of at times, and (perhaps) dyslexia has led to multiple nominations with different spellings.<<

DYSLEXIA RULES K.O.

"Dave Anderson (Labour) MP for Blaydon rocks!!"
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2008 :  19:28:42  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Seriously though, this war will not be won by by nominations or visits to Westminster.

It will be won by by the active involvement of MPs and the media, and that will only happen when we all get our fingers out and campaign effectively.

That means contacting our MP's and the press and never giving in. It means publicising the shambles that is HMRC - and in particular Tax Credits - at each & every opportunity - go to our Main Site & download & print some leaflets & leave them lying about at you GP's surgery, dentist, library, schools etc - in fact anywhere & everywhere.

Read the newspapers & watch the news and every time you see something critical about HMRC or Tax Credits or indeed Gordon Brown, write to you MP with your concerns.

When you receive a letter from HMRC about your (alleged) overpayment, look for the name of the Director, Manager, Assistant Director or whatever on the letter and write to them with the word COMPLAINT att he top of your letter and on its envelope.

You will probably not get a reply, but that's fine because it gives you a reason to write another letter of complaint!!

All of these letters deserve at least an acknowledgment and when you don't get one it gives you reason to write again. All of these letters ties someone up at HMRC and causes them hassle.

The hassle for them is further compounded when you then complain to your MP that you haven't had any reply to your letters to HMRC and he/she then has to ask on your behalf causing further aggravation to HMRC.

Another source of aggravation to HMRC & Co. would be if we posted 2 CD's - of anything that isn't inecent or illegal - to Gordon Brown, Alastair Darling & Jane Kennedy.

These CDs would need to be examined by someone just to make sure that these CDs were NOT the "missing/stolen" ones and will tie someone's time up.

At some point, the Media will get wind of all these CD's being posted to Brown, Darling, Kennedy & HMRC and start asking questions. THAT will be our publicity, and will tie Brown & Co. up further while they find & brief a spokesperson to answer the medias questions.

The more time they spend on wild goose chases, the less they have to persecute us!!

It was by being a complete pain in the a rse to HMRC that I won my case!

It worked for me, there's no guarantee that it will work for you, but there's no harm in trying and you may be pleasantly surprised while - at the same time getting some of your own back!

Over to you, It's YOUR campaign!!

"Dave Anderson (Labour) MP for Blaydon rocks!!"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

65 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2008 :  21:23:02  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
quote:
publicising ... Tax Credits - at each & every opportunity - go to our Main Site & download & print some leaflets & leave them lying about at you GP's surgery, dentist, library, schools etc - in fact anywhere & everywhere

Taxcc A5 posters downloaded and a copy passed on tonight to Parish Clerk for next Parish newsletter, and a copy to local district councillor. Small fry I know - parish has only approx 1000 inhabitants but if everyone does that...
Got extra copies in my bag ready to dish out at every opportunity... seeing my community nurse tomorrow so she will get one, and she's bringing a student with her to observe so she will get one too, Friday is my support group day so staff there will get one...going to a mental health consultation event next monday so will take some there..Next wed got hairdressers appt so will leave a few lying around there...posters downloaded for the community centre and library...
If you can't afford to print them, download them and email them on. Just get the message out.
This site has spurred me on to keep fighting, when I'd begun to think that maybe I should just give up and stop my claim, and as a result, I've got my new claim sorted and had a letter of apology, and although the battle still isn't won, I feel that the victory will be mine so long as I stay focused and fighting.
This is my way of saying thanks.
If everyone who has been helped by this site could do the same, our collective goal will be so much easier and quicker to achieve.

Instructions for life:
1.breathe in
2.breathe out
3.repeat ad infinitum

"Realise that if you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it" (Anthony d'Angelo)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

65 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2008 :  22:05:47  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
quote:
publicising ... Tax Credits - at each & every opportunity - go to our Main Site & download & print some leaflets & leave them lying about at you GP's surgery, dentist, library, schools etc - in fact anywhere & everywhere

Taxcc A5 posters downloaded and a copy passed on tonight to Parish Clerk for next Parish newsletter, and a copy to local district councillor. Small fry I know - parish has only approx 1000 inhabitants but if everyone does that...
Got extra copies in my bag ready to dish out at every opportunity... seeing my community nurse tomorrow so she will get one, and she's bringing a student with her to observe so she will get one too, Friday is my support group day so staff there will get one...going to a mental health consultation event next monday so will take some there..Next wed got hairdressers appt so will leave a few lying around there...posters downloaded for the community centre and library...
If you can't afford to print them, download them and email them on. Just get the message out.
This site has spurred me on to keep fighting, when I'd begun to think that maybe I should just give up and stop my claim, and as a result, I've got my new claim sorted and had a letter of apology, and although the battle still isn't won, I feel that the victory will be mine so long as I stay focused and fighting.
This is my way of saying thanks.
If everyone who has been helped by this site could do the same, our collective goal will be so much easier and quicker to achieve.

Instructions for life:
1.breathe in
2.breathe out
3.repeat ad infinitum

"Realise that if you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it" (Anthony d'Angelo)
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2008 :  22:49:31  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
It's amazing how everyone - except for Nu Labour MPs - knows someone who is affected. It's well worth passing on info. Every bit of publicity brings someone in - often someone at their absolute wits end and thinking of doing I don't know what. A colleague today found out about another person's plight, and a batch of info has gone off to a local advocacy organisation. This campaign is going to grow and grow, but we will have to sow some seeds.

At the hotel I stayed at during the recent UNISON conference, I got talking to the assistant manager about tax credits. He said a friend of his had an overpayment, but before I could mention anything about the TCC, he told me that she was now alright, because she had joined this big group of people who were disputing their overpayments! Word is evidently getting round.

The longer Nu Labour remain in denial, the less chance they have of pulling off a change of image to the 'listening' party. Best come clean now and sort this mess out, giving them two years to rebuild their reputation. If they continue to deny that the tax credit system is unfit for purpose, they will caught out as putting their pride above justice and fairness. Labour MPs with the courage to admit the system is failing us and that they have not given us the attention this situation deserves will be the saviours of their party and the principles on which it was originally supposed to be built. Their prize may even be to turn a certain election defeat into a win.

Trinity: The answer is out there… and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2