Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 Who we are..........
 COMMENTS FROM YOU!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2008 :  07:54:38  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
I'm getting a nice lot of case studies for the Westminster Meeting, but there are still people who would be happy to write a few words, but don't want to give a name and town/county, eg. Joe Bloggs, London. So, to give people a chance to tell the Politicians and National Media what they think of the tax credit system, how they have been treated by it, what they feel should be done, etc., I have started a thread here just for you!

If you post in this thread, I will take it that you are happy for your comments to be used, and ascribed to the user name that you are known by.

I will 'harvest' these and get as many as I can into the Westminster booklet, so that MPs and the National papers can know the true horror of the system.

Just to clarify things - this thread's for collecting horror stories, not for case advice, for which the 'New Members' or other threads should do the trick.

Okay now - please let's not have a resounding silence. I know we are all rushed off our feet trying to earn a modest wage, raise a family, care for dependants and fight off a vicious tax credit recover system, but even so... This is YOUR CHANCE to influence your elected representatives, motivate the media and public, HAVE YOUR SAY and tell any HMRC or government visitors to this site exactly how Tax Credits have 'benefitted' you!

So I light the blue touch-paper and retire......

Morpheus: … as long as there is a single breath in his body he'll never give up… and neither can we.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  16:45:02  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
My partner and I owe £3000 through no fault of our own. £1800 is because of this stupid rule of working out your payment on previous years wages. As far as we were concerned, the payments we received were not overly high. The rest was due to us not filling in 2 sets of forms !!!
We went to see CAB and they agreed this could'nt be right.They phoned HMRC and the telephonist agreed it was'nt right BUT she said we should of filled in 2 sets of forms !!!!
I also spoke to my MP. He was as much use as a 'ashtray on a motorbike'
I would be happy to talk to any politician, Gordon Clown, Alastair Darling, anyone who was prepared to listen.
I am in the process of complaining/appealing/disputing and i will carry on until the HMRC cancel our bill.
I am very thankful to TCC and have sent/signed every petition/letter that they have on there website. If more people did this we might get somewhere.
I do think we need assurances from the conservatives/liberal dems that if the million families that have overpayments help them gain power, that there is an amnesty for all.
So Paula/Ali you want someone to talk to your politicians then count me in.
Martin Slack
mslack48@hotmail.com
P.S I think You have my telephone number/address
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  17:46:01  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
>>I am very thankful to TCC and have sent/signed every petition/letter that they have on there website. If more people did this we might get somewhere.<<

Exactly what I've been preaching for so long!

Thank you!

Apathy rules OK - so why do I bother?
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  21:27:42  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
It's amazing what a big difference just a few 'active' members can have. A handful of us have been battling away since late 2005 laying the foundations of this campaign. We now have a room booked to address cross-party MPs and the media, a book going to press with victims' stories, various nominations for awards, TV projects underway, a union Motion to present, and allies everywhere! Everyone who logs onto this forum can advance our campaign so much just by a few simple actions. Our petition is growing, but needs to be circulated to a wider audience of all our families, colleagues and friends. Everyone please - add your voice to our New Statesman nomination to help us win:

You must be logged in to see this link.

And if you can keep writing to your MP and to Brown, Darling and Kennedy, that will help us, too

Trinity: The answer is out there… and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  21:39:26  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Here's our petition, too. C'mon folks - let's dredge up as much support as we can from family and friends too, and see if we can't hit five or more figures...

You must be logged in to see this link.

Trinity: The answer is out there… and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2