Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 Your Comments (Tax Credit Related)
 Fantastic response..from other sites..
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2007 :  12:05:42  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
The links and messages, i have posted on other general sites. have suddenly gone mad. probably all to do with the current news stories in the press, about the HMRC tax credits.and the farce it is..i can hardly keep up with the response i am getting.by E-Mail and phone ( i have a different phone and only except SMS )( and i have a disposable E-mail address that i use.)

There have been a few cranks. but that is to be expected.but it seems the movement is growing fast..

How is everyone else doing with their posts from different sites..

The internet makes the world a lot smaller..

The truth is out there.. GO get it..

Edited by - Robert on 16/05/2007 18:41:15

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

sammy
Rank; Really should become a politician

690 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2007 :  12:22:49  Show Profile Send sammy a Private Message
I'm now seeing a large increase in interest, a lot from the media right now too. Maybe they are planning something?
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2007 :  12:49:23  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Good innit? .. a bit of activity at long last!

Maybe the excrement is about to meet the expellair?
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2007 :  13:30:32  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
Just had an E-mail from a researcher at the BBC. to do with the post i made yesterday,dont know if anything will happen though.. we can wait and hope..

Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2007 :  14:38:38  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Well done!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained I think.

It does no harm to give it a try and hope for the best.
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2007 :  18:56:11  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
I told you folk not to worry... some new members post, some prefer to view, or to communicate in other ways. Don't they say still waters run deep?

The tide is turning. It's not just tax credit casualties who are coming out of the woodwork, but politicians, opposition candidates, journalists, human rights lawyers, people in PR - to name but a few. I'm going to run out of annual leave before we run out of significant people to meet.

People have offered us donations towards court action and our Tax Credit Casualties Conference - and this is without us publicly launching or making a concerted effort to ask!

This is a very positive time for the movement, and whilst the anti-Poll Tax campaign had the advantage of being a spontaneous uprising because one minute it wasn't there, and then the next it was being threatenened (basically affecting everybody), our affliction has been of the festering illness and subsequent epidemic variety. There was a time when there was no user group to turn to, and people basically had to fight this not exactly alone - because the Citizens Advice are excellent, and the Low Incomes Tax Reform Group too - but without peer support. Frightened, depressed, poor people are very often disempowered and if they take what's dished out, it's because they feel helpless.

Feel helpless no more! Whether all our supporters visit this site, sign up and post or not, is immaterial, because we are growing all the time.

I was listening to the Proclaimers' '500 miles' the other day, and whilst I haven't been able to come up with alternative lyrics for the full song, this chorus came into my mind:

So I donít owe five thousand pounds,
And you donít owe five thousand more.
Even Brown canít send two million bailiffs
Knocking at two million doors.

These aren't the best lines I've ever come up with, but I wanted to share the sentiment.
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2007 :  19:12:18  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Hey Ali,

What's it like to be talented??
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2007 :  19:13:24  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
How should I know??? Not necessary talented, just riled.
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2007 :  20:10:30  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Born to be riled .. that's a song title isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2007 :  08:17:18  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
There was a time when I thought we needed a rousing song to rally the troops, but the troops are rallying pretty well on their own! If we've got as far as we have pre-launch, it's going to be really exciting when we publicly launch ourselves!

We just have to make sure that, whilst we're moving the campaign on, we don't lose sight of our movement's companion goal: to support those people fighting their own battles who are still frightened that reform won't come soon enough for them, despite the amassed evidence and all the powerful organisations and people currently on our side. Obviously the ego of this government is so much greater than the body of evidence we have that the system is fatally flawed. They're too proud to own up to and PROPERLY put right their mistakes. Don't they say pride comes before a fall?
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2007 :  09:29:04  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
And when they fall it will be Like Humpty Dumpty all over again.

(al the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put Humpty together again)
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2007 :  15:39:30  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
Dilemma...just had a message from someone who says he is from SKY TV..and to ring a number..bit puzzled just in case it's a
crank.and i end up paying large amount of money to some premium rate number..any advice..?????

Go to Top of Page

sammy
Rank; Really should become a politician

690 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2007 :  15:44:22  Show Profile Send sammy a Private Message
Is it an email? If so reply asking questions.
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2007 :  15:51:11  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
No it was an text message on my other phone...may just be an ass. mucking around..

Although i did put my story on the SKY website, but that was a while back...so yes i thought they might of sent an E-mail.or this is from the posts i have put on different sites..??

Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2007 :  15:58:55  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
I had an e-mail this afternoon from a Sarah Kemp at our local rag
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2007 :  07:42:09  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
And last night Sarah recorded her interview for Radio 4's Law in Action about the LACK OF ACCOUNTABILITY of HMRC.

The London Evening Standard was in touch. And Watchdog. And the Big Issue.

UNISON's magazine has printed a letter; Community Care too.

As a morale-boost for our newest members, it would be good to hear how others have been getting on with their media contacts.

Women's Magazines anyone?
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2007 :  23:26:15  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
Just tried to wade through some of the E-mails today..same old stories. keep cropping up.i had to transfer some to a different
address, as the temp one i use has a limit on.so dont want to loose any...same things we rang them. they zeroed our income..same. same. same..these guys could win incompetent of the year award.. no trouble..

Edited by - Robert on 19/05/2007 09:49:19
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2007 :  00:00:46  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Some things never change - despite what Primarolo & Co. would have us believe.

In one of my letters to them I wrote; "if incometence were a sport, you lot would be winning gold medals at the Olypic Games!"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

240 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2007 :  13:51:13  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Hello all, glad to see things are really getting hot!!! Keep up the good work.
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2007 :  20:11:15  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Hello Rosie, we're doing our best!!
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2007 :  09:45:27  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Yes, singly we can never hope to beat the Stalinistic HMRC, but collectively is another matter!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2