Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 Court - Tax Credit Overpayments
 denial of a fair trial
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  04:19:22  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
After reading something similar in the new members thread, I did a search for (CPR PD7D) on Google and it turned up this little gem:

You must be logged in to see this link.

So there you have it in HMRCs own words - "Tax credit overpayments do not come within the scope of the practice direction to the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR PD7D) (see DMBM665800). That guidance points you to making an application for summary judgment for cases where CPR PD7D does not apply, but you shouldnot do so for tax credit overpayment cases."

Should be of interest to anyone that was hit with a Certificate of Debt, as it is against official guidelines to do so. I guess HMRC can expect a wave of complaints and renewed disputes?
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  07:45:31  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Although TCC always advises members to avoid court at all costs, cases CAN be won:

Worth a read, as there IS a line of defence, even with the current Kangaroo Court system...

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2009 :  08:03:17  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Just to highlight this useful article again to any who may need it. Whilst it's better to stop any HMRC court action against you if and while you can, if you do get stuck, here's the info you need:

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2