Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 Computer stuff
 Remain Anonymous
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

familytaxcredit
Forum Admin

373 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  02:14:32  Show Profile Send familytaxcredit a Private Message
Mainly for the benefit of whistleblowers or anyone with privacy concerns
How to preserve your anonymity:
Use a throw-away email address, hotmail or yahoo etc
(do not use your service provider email address)
Do not publish your email address on the forum
Do not make posts from your of place of work.
Do not use a sign up name that you use on other sites, especially if an obscure name. A common name is ok (provided of course it isnít already taken on this forum)

Always use the Logout button when you leave the forum (especially if using a shared pc)
Always clear your cookie and history files (if particularly concerned)

On sign up do not give your real name or real location

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  08:03:52  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Does this also mean that those anonymously logged on can PM the rest of us (anonymous or not)if wanting to get in touch in other ways than on the forum? Email probably wouldn't be so secure, I imagine, but then you may know better... I suppose if it's a throw-away address...?

I can see a time coming when we will have many insiders. On the forerunner to this forum, the taxcreditoverpayment website 'message board' that some of us 'veterans' remember, we had many insider contributors, and with the illegal recovery issue opened up by a whistleblower, and there soon to be further revelations (watch the 'quality press' in the next few days), people will be getting bolder and realising that they, too, can make a difference.

We did visit HMRC officials, and the backtracking we have had lately sickens us. It is all denials, refusals, rebuttals, lies, going back on promises and blinding us with science or just ignoring our valid questions. Sound familiar to anyone? They do to us as a group, in the public eye, exactly as they do to individuals behind the scenes. And I doubt they treat their employees any better when the chips are down.

So thanks for helping the conscientious within HMRC to whistleblow and help us. We need this. HMRC and the government will only change their tune and make the system safe and just if there's something in it for them. At the moment, it costs them more in pride and effort to admit the many atrocities and miscarriages of justice, abuses and bullying rife within the system. Let alone the unopened mail, deleted records, illegal recoveries, 'scores on doors' targets getting in the way of thorough reviews of cases, and apparent insider fraud which they don't want Jo(e) Public to know about. HMRC is in meltdown, you'd best believe. If they weren't, they could pay our awards on time, reply to our questions, sort out our complaints, and generally liaise with us honestly and helpfully to improve their service. They are running scared!

Just to hearten everyone by reminding ourselves that we are bursting into the national press now, and that our name is getting known. We can talk to Ministers and journalists with ease, and be listened to. Claimants are disputing cases where formerly they would have been too afraid or would have had no idea where to start. We are talking to our local press. We have two sets of lawyers interested in our case, one at least a high profile barrister, offering pro bono advice.

We can win this if we fight on many fronts. Everyone fighting their case is actually voting for a fairer system and not passively agreeing to whatever HMRC demands of them. This affects the cost/benefit balance of hounding the public. See what happened with babk charges!

We've had breakthrough with the illegal recovery issue, so already HMRC are obliged to call off the baying hounds, and in some cases refund money snatched from hard-up, honest families. If they acted illegally there, why not elsewhere too?

The Opposition are gunning for complacent New Labour, and our campaign having had a shin-up from David Laws and the Lib Dems, it's now the Conservatives' turn, with our TCC-sympathetic whistleblower adding their observations and knowledge to the Tory's earlier confidante's disclosures.

So we have the Opposition, the Press, the judiciary on our side. And soon, the voting public. Get a few conscientious New Labour politicians (if that's not a contradiction in terms) on our side, as well as fed-up HMRC employees, and we'll be out of this mess as fast as Jilted John can sing, 'Gordon is a Moron!'

Morpheus : Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

Go to Top of Page

familytaxcredit
Forum Admin

373 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  11:29:14  Show Profile Send familytaxcredit a Private Message
quote:
Does this also mean that those anonymously logged on can PM the rest of us (anonymous or not)if wanting to get in touch in other ways than on the forum? Email probably wouldn't be so secure, I imagine, but then you may know better... I suppose if it's a throw-away address...?

I'm not certain what you mean Ali...
You have to be a member (sign-up) to post or pm a user. The anonymity is that no one reading a post would be able to identify you, or track your real id.

When signing up you have to supply an email address; use a throw-away email address, one you do not use for other things.
To get a new email address try You must be logged in to see this link.
or You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2007 :  08:26:13  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by familytaxcredit

Mainly for the benefit of whistleblowers or anyone with privacy concerns
How to preserve your anonymity:
Use a throw-away email address, hotmail or yahoo etc
(do not use your service provider email address)
Do not publish your email address on the forum
Do not make posts from your of place of work.
Do not use a sign up name that you use on other sites, especially if an obscure name. A common name is ok (provided of course it isnít already taken on this forum)

Always use the Logout button when you leave the forum (especially if using a shared pc)
Always clear your cookie and history files (if particularly concerned)

On sign up do not give your real name or real location

Just a reminder of how to preserve your anonymity - for those who might want it.

I predict that with the recent HMRC debacle of lost Child Benefit details there may be a few people contemplating telling us how things really are at HMRC... and I do know that they have frightened at least one person away from sticking with us in the last few weeks.

It might be a sensible precaution, if you have something really 'meaty' to tell us (I don't think general help should incur HMRC's wrath for employees, but they are omnipotent and a law unto themselves, so that has to be a personal choice) to get yourself additional security first.

familytaxcredit will always help you do just this.

And if you're really bold, I have some good journalist contacts now, who would do their utmost to keep you safe and anonymous.

Thanks! Ali.

Agent Smith: I hate this place, this zoo, this prison, this reality, whatever you want to call it.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2007 :  01:39:21  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I hate to show the other side of me now and you may think im over reacting with this advise, but you can never be too careful if your going to blow the whistle on things.

Use the above advice, BUT DO NO DO ANYTHING FROM WORK COMPUTER!
Set up a hotmail/live/yahoo address and register on the forum using that addy. The main thing is BUT DO NO DO ANYTHING FROM WORK COMPUTER!
. The trace back is done via IP logging, every time you visit a web site it logs your IP address, now some ISPs will have a generic IP address (ie your ip address will be the same as 100 other people), but some ISP will have a dedicated IP adress for your conection.

Instead use public access computers: INTERNET CAFES, PUBLIC LIBRARYS OR WI-FI HOT SPOTS . (I think hot spots are safe! will check ASAP You must be logged in to see this link. has an option of finding wi-fi hotspots, tap in your town name check the box and find one near you)

You should be ok with the hot spots as the router carrys the IP address.

NEVER LOG INTO THE FORUM USING THATS USER NAME FROM YOUR WORK COMPUTER! ALWAYS LOG OUT WHEN LEAVING THE FORUM!

If you need to check the forum on a regual basis from home or work, ensure you ALWAYS log out, other wise if you auto log in every visit you home IP addy will be logged and recorded.

Yes the above might seem to be a bit drastic. But this is not a low risk game being played.

Finaly if your sitting there reading this and wondering if you should do anything....... DO SOMETHING! YOU REALLY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

and just in case i didnt make it clear:

BUT DO NO DO ANYTHING FROM WORK COMPUTER!

ROB :)

Edited by - n/a on 28/11/2007 23:03:54
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2007 :  19:05:41  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Thanks, Rob, for the friendly warning; whilst anyone from HMRC who feels minded to help us is very welcome here, we would wish to keep you safe from your bosses or ex-bosses should they feel discomforted by your honesty. We all know that HMRC is not an open organisation by any means, and one tabloid is calling it the Ministry of Mayhem. I hope Rob's concern for your wellbeing doesn't put any whistleblowers off, but it would be unfair, as victims ourselves of HMRC's autocratic and uncivilised behaviour, not to do everything in our power to safeguard our allies from its ravages. I totally agree with Rob: "DO SOMETHING! YOU REALLY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!" If you remember, Jane Kennedy's announcement of 'incorrect procedures' (or as the Shadow Chancellor described it, 'illegal recovery') was only made because a whistleblower spoke up to George Osborne! I have that kind person to thank for about £2500 (I can't remember the exact amount) being written off, so it really does make a very great difference; there will be hundreds of thousands of other people, too, who can sleep more easily because of that person and their altruistic act. I know there are others out there who can do something amazing like that too, and armed with Rob's advice, I hope you will seriously consider the good you can do by speaking up and revealing your observations and concerns.

Agent Smith: I hate this place, this zoo, this prison, this reality, whatever you want to call it.

Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2007 :  06:18:26  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Respecting that not every HMRC insider visiting these pages will have seen colleagues up to no good, and have juicy scandals to divulge, it would nevertheless be jolly useful to know what's going to replace the discredited reasonableness test when it gets scrapped soon. Anyone prepared to tell us, and hand David that stone for his slingshot against mightly Goliath?

Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2007 :  10:35:27  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Whistleblowers won't be alone!

You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2007 :  13:49:49  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
An extract from the link Ali posted above; "He complained that after a system called "lean processing" was introduced, jobs were divided up into their individual parts - every aspect was dealt with separately, and no-one has overall ownership or responsibility for the task, he said.

"Arbitrary, individual hourly targets meant that people cut corners," he added. "It doesn't matter if you make mistakes because you won't be held accountable.""

And that Lads & Lasses is what we are up against. An "organisation" that employs people who neither know nor care about what they are doing because no matter how many mistakes they make they know they won't be held accountable.

Geordie: Worbairn's hacky mucky.
English: The baby needs a wash.

Edited by - Alan the Geordie on 27/11/2007 13:56:40
Go to Top of Page

sammy
Rank; Really should become a politician

690 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2007 :  00:36:12  Show Profile Send sammy a Private Message
I must add a comment:
Please stop scaremongering

Your work computer is the most important machine, this is the machine that will be monitered, your home computer will not, nor can it be (unless someone comes and removes it)

roblade is corect IP address can divulge your geographic area, but not the exact location (again, unless your machine is annalysed)

Unless you are involved in serious crime (or under investigation) you are safe posting from home.

Whistle blowers posting from home are safe on this forum providing you take normal privacy precautions, ie new email address (not used before, (do not use your service provider email) use hotmail or gmail or yahoo mail) do not use your real name when signing up to the forum.

You are quite safe here, just do not post from a work pc!

In actual fact you are safer from a home pc than a library or internet cafe

Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2007 :  03:27:10  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Thanks, Sammy - now you say that, it makes perfect sense. I have a hunch that the more serious security breaches, irregularities, malpractices, insider frauds etc. that come to light, the more HMRC employees - past and current - will be minded to whistleblow and help end the outrage.

Whistleblowing isn't a crime. It's actually a moral and professional duty. Anyone contemplating this will be safe at home, doing as Sammy suggests.

Or contact any of the main activists (you will know who we are!) and we'll link you to a safe journalist, etc.

Thanks, Ali.

Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2007 :  16:26:46  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
This; You must be logged in to see this link.

and this; You must be logged in to see this link.

may be useful.

Geordie: Worbairn's hacky mucky.
English: The baby needs a wash.

Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  10:30:16  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Remain anonymous and tell your insider story - please. We have some, but we do need more.

Insider fraud. We know it goes on. What are HMRC doing about it? Are we getting to hear about investigations and prevalence, or are they keeping quiet to save face?

Competence. We know TCO workers are shifted from job to job at a whim and with zilch training. We know they don't get proper diversity training and think that's about making assumptions and 'treating everyone the same'. What training did you get before you got turfed loose?

Destroying letters from the public. I've heard it rumoured from various sources now that HMRC shred letters which are 'surplus to requirements' and haven't got time to deal with. That's why we never get answers. Anyone willing to tell us more?

Reasonableness test. We all know it's unreasonable. How does this get applied? What weightings are given to the different considerations? How do people get to win on this? You know you want to tell us!

Maltreatment of claimants. I tantalisingly once read, on an anonymous posting, that the author had seen things to make your blood boil. These things need to be told.

We are probably only knocking about on this earth once. Regardless of our spiritual beliefs (or none), do we want to make that life count and help a few folk in passing?

Please post. Or please ring Andrew Bomford from the BBC. Or contact the Shadow Chancellor, George Osborne. Or tell in some other way.

We need you.

The powers that be are denying there's any significant problem with tax credits. Not only won't they change anything, but they won't even talk to us.

Expose the underlying problems a bit more, and perhaps they will.

We need YOU!!

Thanks.

(typos corrected)

Edited by - Ali M-W on 01/12/2007 10:32:27
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  09:35:10  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Do read this post about HMRC employees helping us:

You must be logged in to see this link.

I post this not to put the fainthearted off, but to show what truth and justice is up against.

Fortunately people can think for themselves, and when the oppressor gets nastier, right-thinking people find the necessary courage to do the right thing.

The truth has to be told, one way or another. And when the true vileness of this system is known, it will destroy itself.

Machine god: WHAT IF YOU FAIL?
Neo: I won't

Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2008 :  08:31:03  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Where have all the HMRC employees gone??

Do make contact with me... I have a little job for you!

Thanks,
Ali.

Oracle: What do all men with power want? More power.

Go to Top of Page

familytaxcredit
Forum Admin

373 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2008 :  20:08:32  Show Profile Send familytaxcredit a Private Message
HMRC employees are not likely to help, after all they are the scapegoat when things go wrong (the disc loss fiasco to name but one)
Just like drug barons, the main culprits always escape scott free

Added, the official secrets act, threat of the sack...you will never work again blah blah..nope, I would not count on help from hmrc employees...unless -;)
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2008 :  00:02:56  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
>>...the official secrets act, threat of the sack...you will never work again blah blah...>>

This was what was told to me by a couple of HMRC staff on the Disgruntled Lemmings site.

How people can work under the conditions that those people do really is beyond my understanding. Masochism doesn't even come close to explaining it.

Geordie: "Yon lass's gorra fyece lyke a bagga spanners!"

English: "That lady's face is rather unnatractive"
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2008 :  00:08:22  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
>>...the official secrets act, threat of the sack...you will never work again blah blah...>>

This was what was told to me by a couple of HMRC staff on the Disgruntled Lemmings site.

How people can work under the conditions that those people do really is beyond my understanding.

They were all s hitting themselves in fear of losing their jobs that they may not even have by the end of the following week anyway!

Masochism doesn't even come close to explaining it.

Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2008 :  07:35:21  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Believe me, we still get some...

I also believe we will get more once employees really start to resent their employer(s) and want to be part of changing the system.

Perhaps it's still too early, but there is work for the willing and the brave.

Oracle: What do all men with power want? More power.

Go to Top of Page

familytaxcredit
Forum Admin

373 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2008 :  21:12:49  Show Profile Send familytaxcredit a Private Message
Having bin there done that got the t-shirt blah..Alas I was much younger and did not realise the consequences -Re thatcher era. I ****ed up many times, and so did some of my mates.
Today kids have no attitude towards politics, no rebels, no bottle. It is a new era of fear. Some young un's cannot understand you can say.. hey boss get ****ed i'm off., find a nother.

Thatcher was ace for me because her politics awoke my anger. Labour today are much worst, more synical and much more corrupt. I hated thatcher and all my mates did all my family did most of my city did. Now people seem to shrug shoulders and that is it.

I have been on the dole for 4-weeks out of 35 years. (just in case I'm labled a scrounging lay-about)
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2008 :  23:00:13  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Aye, me too. Worked almost non-stop sing age 15 & told a few gaffers to f**** off. Maybe that's why I ended-up in self employment?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2