Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tax Credit Overpayments
 Success
 Moonfleet's success.
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  14:28:58  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Originally posted by our member Moonfleet:

"Just a quick update on my case. I received a 2nd letter from Tax Credits a little while ago to say that they had upheld their original decision but I could tell from the wording that they hadn't even looked at my case again. Can't go into too much but it was ridiculous to say the least. I wrote a 3rd letter requesting them to look at my case properly and that if they didn't I would use their letters as evidence that they weren't actually being fair in their decision. I was actually given a number to ring so that I could speak to someone directly who was dealing with my case! I rang him up and it was obvious that he was looking at it properly as he said now that it could go either way because of the rare circumstances of my case. The case had to be sent somewhere else for advice before a final decision could be made. Finally received a response today stating that the full overpayment for 2009/10 and 2010/11 had been written off. They admitted that they hadn't met any of their responsibilities but I had met all of my responsibilities (I reported a fact late but it shouldn't have led to an overpayment as no payment was ongoing at the time). The moral of my story is.....don't let them bully you into accepting you've done wrong when infact they haven't done their job properly. If you look at the maladministration aspect, you might just get the upperhand because that's what the Ombudsman will be looking at. If there are any flaws in their case then they won't want it to go that far. This is how ALL government departments work."

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions.

In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2