Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tax Credit Overpayments
 Success
 Merry Christmas!!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katie
Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

5 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  11:23:58  Show Profile Send Katie a Private Message
Just wanted to wish everybody a very Merry Christmas and to encourage others not to give up!!!

I have been fighting an overpayment for 3 years for which HMRC wanted 14,352.20 repaid for tax years 2005-06, 2005-06 and 2006-07.

Following the advice from this forum, (and before having to involve my MP) I received a letter today from HMRC stating
"I have decided that the whole amounts of the overpayments arose because we did not meet all of our responsibilities as set out in Code of Practice 26. You do not have to repay this overpayment and I have updated our records with this decision."

It'll be a very Merry Christmas in this household this year and I hope many more fighting their own battles have the same outcome as I have and can once again get on with their lives!!!!

Many, many thanks for this forum and the advice available, as I don't know what I would have done without it!!!

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  13:19:07  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Well done bonny lass and many thanks for sharing your good news with us!

It means a lot to us when we learn of our members successes!!

Good luck & have a good Christmas!!

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions.

In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2