Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tax Credit Overpayments
 Questions, Answers and Cases
 Will I get a rebate?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thatkennybloke
Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2010 :  14:58:27  Show Profile Send thatkennybloke a Private Message
I had an overpayment demand in 2007 for 1383. I've being paying by Standing Order since then at 56 a month. As the years passed I totally forget about it (I know - stupid!). I only noticed this week that money was still going from my bank account, so I phoned them up. I was told that I had paid a total of 2138. The guy on the phone claimed that my call coincided with my final payment, and no money was now owed. When I queried the extra 700 or so he said that it must have been overpayments from a previous year.

Fortunately, I still have the letter they sent in 2007 (Statement of Liabilities). This states that "Total unpaid amount is 1,383.65 including any interest due to date". (I haven't claimed Tax credits since 2006. They haven't sent me anything at all about how much I've paid.)

The guy said he'd pass on my details, and they'd get back to me. So, 1), will they get back to me? and 2) will I get a rebate? Has anyone else?

Cheers in advance for any replies. I'll post in 5 days time and let you know if they've called or written.
Kenny

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

samthe
Mod

341 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2010 :  17:30:10  Show Profile Send samthe a Private Message
The answer to your first question is - possible but not very likely! The answer to the second is that you should get a repayment unless they can provide you with documentation and proof that there was another overpayment. It just looks too suspicious that your call happens to coincide with the end of the payment term! Don't leave it - go on chasing as long as you need to.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2