Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Your Comments (Tax Credit Related)
 overpayments 2003!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

1 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2010 :  08:52:22  Show Profile Send timmy222 a Private Message
Well folks I have been at logger heads with the hmrc for around seven years now.
They said that in the period 2003/2004 they over paid the wife and I £2400.00.
Anyhow we appealed against this and they found in their favour!
My wife by this time had had enough of the stress this was causing and told me to sent them a grovelling letter saying sorry etc and could we pay back via instalments, they said yes to this and sent me a direct debit form which I filled in and sent off.
Well they never did anything with the direct debit and after a while started court proceedings against us.
I got a bit miffed at this and asked them once and for all to send me the reason why we had to pay back the money in question.
The letter they send back said the following:
We believe you should pay back the money in question as your daughter was 19 years old between 2003-2004, well this is not the case my daughter was 16 years old and going to start a course at the local tech.
I did prove of my daughters DOB but they still took it to court, but on the morning just before the case was going to be heard I faxed a copy of the letter to the HMRC representative and told them the story.
She immediately stopped the case going to court and said she would inform the HMRC about the letter in question.

Well I have heard anything for nearly 4 years until yesterday.
I received the following letter:

I am sorry to tell you that we have not been able to resolve the issues affecting your tax credits award for the tax year 2003-2004. For this reason I am unable to restore your award.
So that we can pay the right amount of tax credits we now need you to make a new claim.
We will also send you a separate letter so we can confirm your circumstances from 06/04/2004.This is so we can work out the correct amount of money you should have received whilst you were waiting for your claim to be restored.

We will work out the amount of tax credits you were entitled to from 06/04/2003 using the information you provide. We will send you a cheque for any mount that is due.

Well I phoned them today and spoke with a chap and told him the above, and also insisted I will not be filling out anymore forms and if they wish to take me to court I will just re send the letter like I had done before.
He said “we are not after over payment we want to pay you what we owe you”, I replied I could not care if you owed me several thousands I do not want anything to do with tax credits again so please just leave my wife and I alone.
I did ask him to admit that the letter they had sent me about my daughter being the wrong age existed but no one has ever admitted the existence to the letter send to me, even though it has stopped the court hearing dead in it’s tracks.

Now I think perhaps they have lost my data and so I have requested a SAR, the chap on the telephone became a little flustered when I asked have they lost my information, and could I phone back Monday.
I also informed the chap on the phone that I on receipt of my SAR documents I will forward it with a letter to my MP.

We have just had enough of this whole stinking saga.
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2
Powered by ForumCo 2000-2008
TOS - AUP - URA - Privacy Policy