Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tax Credit Overpayments
 Questions, Answers and Cases
 Liars and scumbags
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Flarrell
Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  14:33:14  Show Profile Send Flarrell a Private Message
Hi all, having had monies stopped from august 2010 due to HMRC believing that my ex partner is still living here,I have been down all the relevent routes as brilliantly suggested by this site. Have a solicitor on board via CAB. Have received all my SAR paperwork and telephone conversations and nothing untoward on there, however there is still an outstanding amount of 4500 that I am disputing along with the incorrect desicion that they have made. Spoke to a very condesending arrogant human at the compliance team yesterday after recieving a final demand for the said amount, I wanted to know why he had not looked at the dispute form I had provided and suprise suprise," We have not received it" my reply being, "funny that Mr Thomson as my proof of delivery shows you signed for it on 22 sept!" There was a long silence as he huffed and puffed and put me on hold to return "Ah yes I ahve found it". I did not draw breath and gave it to him double barrelled, I requested the exact paperwork he haad under his nose when he decided that my claim was incorrect, I want the entire works, all the documentatin that they use to show my claim was so called fraudulent. More stuttering! He then asked why I had another child 7 years after the birth of my first, I aksed him if this call was being recorded, yes it was, so I tehn proceeed to ask if he was asking about my sex life, as, according to HMRC proceedure manuals that he was legally not allowed to ask me questions of that nature, more stuttering! He also "advised" me that my ex partenr had applied for car insurance from my address, funny that he dosent drive, also that I had applied for a joint credit card with him, and that was all on my experian report, I found the money for the experian search, looked at my report and there is nothing on there to suggest that we have anything together other than the mortgage which we had before I even started claiming tax credits. He has been rumbled I feel and I received a letter today stating that by law he was unable to provide any copies of documentation that swayed his desicion. RUBBISH, by law he has to show his workings and will be happy to take this jumped up little sod to court. Just wanted to say dont be afraid to challenge thiese idiots, they are jobsworths who know nothing! Be heard be vocal, if noting else it makes you feel better that you have given them a piece of your mind. Will keep you posted on how I nail them B###ards at HMRC. xx

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

samthe
Mod

341 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  21:23:41  Show Profile Send samthe a Private Message
You should do another SARN asking specifically for all the documentation relevant to the case, including any documentation relied on by the Compliance Unit in arriving at their decision. If they won't provide it, complain to the Information Commissioner.

Note that if they take you to Court & you dispute it, they will have to provide to the Court (& thus to you) all relevant documents. You could point this out to them & see if it chnages their mind.

Alternatively, now that you've blasted them they may just change their decision! (I did just see a pig flying past the window!!)

You could also involve your MP.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2