Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 In The Media
 The real benefits scandal is cash not paid
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2010 :  16:41:30  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
<< Ms Perchard described how the £5bn cost to government through fraud and error was “dwarfed” by the £17bn of benefits and tax credits that remain unclaimed every year because people don’t know what they’re entitled to and the system is too complicated. >>

You must be logged in to see this link.

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions.

In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Jo_B
Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

34 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2010 :  14:05:28  Show Profile Send Jo_B a Private Message
its mind blowing that statistic, so does that mean were offering too much beenfits and people still not getting them while they can
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2010 :  17:26:02  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
As far as I'm concerned, claiming tax credits is more dangerous than playing Russian Roulette with a revolver with only one empty chamber!!

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions.

In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page

Jo_B

34 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2010 :  11:46:31  Show Profile Send Jo_B a Private Message
very very true, someone i know claimed and it turned out she was mis-calulated and given about a grand too much and they wanted it back, NOW.
she had to mess about with contacting tax office about it and eventrully sorted out and paid it off in installments
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2010 :  22:52:37  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
As the henchmen get sent in to recover overpayments from the innocent, a Tory speaks out:

Max Wind-Cowie, of the think-tank Demos, said the government should focus more on preventing mistakes in benefit payments than in correcting errors: "It is expensive for individuals and families living in poverty who, through no fault of their own, are asked to pay back large sums of money."

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2010 :  00:53:35  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
<< Max Wind-Cowie, of the think-tank Demos ..... >>

He sounds like the bloke who should be in charge of these ghastly wind turbine farms that are springing up like mushrooms all over the place - and often in the wrong place!!

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page

Jo_B

34 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2010 :  15:19:49  Show Profile Send Jo_B a Private Message

Max Wind-Cowie, of the think-tank Demos, said the government should focus more on preventing mistakes in benefit payments than in correcting errors: "It is expensive for individuals and families living in poverty who, through no fault of their own, are asked to pay back large sums of money."

i agree with that as they need to sort out the guidleines to make sure the money is going where its meant to be.
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  07:58:13  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
I thought this article was interesting:

Particularly this quote:

Figures provided by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Custom (HMRC) shows that the amounts overpaid to claimants is £2.1 billion (of which some £460 million was due to fraud). Meanwhile there were errors of some £260m where claimants were underpaid...Left out is any reference to the £1.6 billion where the government underpaid eligible claimants – unless, of course, the government is only planning to crackdown on errors in its favour and ignore errors that leave vulnerable claimants underpaid?

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2