Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tax Credit Overpayments
 Success
 Yet another success
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sue_b
Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2010 :  09:17:30  Show Profile Send sue_b a Private Message
Hi, everyone - just wanted to share my own miracle. I am in complete shock but yesterday I got a letter that says, in black and white, that my 5,500+ 'overpayment' is being written off. "The reason ... is because we failed to act upon the information you provided on 1 May 2005, when you informed us of your change of circumstances. Therefore, HM Revenue and Customs failed in their responsibilities."

Yes, I have been fighting them that long, trying to get them to take responsibility for their gross incompetence during 2004-05, 2005-06 and 2006-07. They kept denying that I had kept them up to date with changes in my income - recorded delivery letters were never received apparently. But when I asked for a copy of my file, there they were. Even when I challenged them about this they still tried to say it was up to me to have noticed their mistakes and keep advising them until they got it right. Really???

I was ready to give up but someone suggested I contact my local Citizens Advice Bureau where this wonderful man - to whom I'll be eternally grateful - wasn't prepared to give up and look at the result he's achieved. Unbelievable. It is absolutely impossible to put into words the stress this has caused over the past five years. Their feeble attempt at an apology: "We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you" doesn't go anywhere near it.

But I feel for all of you still struggling with your own horror stories - if they can write mine off after all this time, they can and should do it for every single one of us. Hang in there and keep fighting.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2