Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tax Credit Overpayments
 Success
 I won, after 6 years! 13,000 written off!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shazzzz
Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

1 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  08:01:08  Show Profile Send shazzzz a Private Message
Thanks in the main part to this site, the ONLY place I ever found letting me know my rights and options, I have this week had a letter from Tax Credits writing off the 13,000+ after a fight of over 6 years. At one stage they wanted 16,000+, yet all and any figures they quoted are ridiculous as I have always been able to prove I'd supplied them with all changes in my circumstances, often in advance, always by recorded delivery, and could prove this through their own Data Protection Office! If they overpaid, it was their fault ACCORDING TO THEIR OWN GUIDELINES and I certainly never got anything like 13,000! I have had to fight though, keep strong and not be intimidated, knowing I was right. I suggest you keep an accurate record of all communications with people connected to this matter, don't accept it if they contact you and have their facts wrong - challenge them, follow process shown on this site and look up Tax Credit's own 'Guidelines'ie their and your rights and responsibilities and quote them back at them if they are not sticking to them. The news I did not have to re-pay came out of the blue, I thinks my fighting back for years was like drops of water which eventually eroded the 'rock' GOOD LUCK!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2