Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tax Credit Overpayments
 Success
 Overpayment cleared
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bakedalasker
Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

3 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  14:53:49  Show Profile Send bakedalasker a Private Message
Hi guys,

I've not been in touch with you lot for a while. I've have met Paula once and spoken to her a few times but i have not been in touch with her for a couple of years. Since though I have been fighting my overpayment and each stage I was rejected. I was about to accept defeat then out of the blue I got a phonecall.

I am not too sure how this came about, it must have been on my final appeal but I had a call from the tax office in Preston. A CSSG officer had taken my case on and told me that they had failed on their responsibilites due to Code of Practice 26 (COP 26). From what I understood from the case officer he basically said we had done all we could have done regarding keeping them updated but they had failed to respond to the new information we gave them by updating our awards. This was all on record and according to the officer they had no choice but to cancel the overpayment.

I was being chased for 4,681.18 for the period 2004-2005. Today I have it in writing i will no longer be chased.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

splashin
Rank; Really should become a politician

Belize
730 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2010 :  02:37:56  Show Profile Send splashin a Private Message
Hi bakedalasker

FANTASTIC NEWS !!!!!!

But it does beggar belief how HMRC could not see this earlier.

Thanks for letting us know your great result !!!!

Splashin
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2010 :  07:39:58  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Well done Bakedalasker! I remember you from Paula's first website all those years back - you must have been fighting this for years - since 2005? That's amazing, and persistence and honest does pay off! I hope your success motivates others who might otherwise have been on the verge of giving up! I am delighted for you.

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
Go to Top of Page

PJD
Admin

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2010 :  14:20:55  Show Profile Send PJD a Private Message
Blast from the past or what. Hiya Baked!

very glad to hear your news. congrats. you certainly worked for it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2