Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tax Credit Overpayments
 Success
 Just dont give in........Success
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Turnaround
Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

2 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  01:10:33  Show Profile Send Turnaround a Private Message
Thanks to following the detailed information on this site HMRC have decided not to pursue £2547.01 in overpayment of Working Tax Credits, because of mistakes they made.

To be brief, I came across this site by chance, registered and read all the information. I could see by the various posts in the forum that should I have a problem or need support then guidance was at hand and decided to go it alone and followed the “Dispute Steps”. Everything went and happened as described within the steps, so thanks for the great “Walk Through”.

I cannot emphasise the importance of sending a Data Subject Access Request, after all it’s free and involve your MP, and mine was Labour MP Andy Reed. The breakthrough came after receiving my data and voice recordings back, instead of getting frustrated at being unable to change the “Mind Set” of the HMRC you could now factually challenge their decisions and prove that they did not meet their responsibilities.

Do not give in, follow the steps, get your data, involve your MP and ask for guidance if required, you are not alone and you will get there in the end.

THANKS AGAIN

Regards…….Turnaround

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  01:44:27  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Congratulations on your success and thank you for letting us know and for your kind words.

Don't forget to claim your expenses from them - it's your entitlemet. (see here: You must be logged in to see this link. bullet point 6)

I note that your MP is the Labour Andy Reed. Can you please tell us if he was any help to you, or did he just go through the motions?

Also, now that you've been through the mill, you'll know the ropes, so how do you feel about popping in now & again to offer encouragement to the new folk here? It's how this site works, and as you've discovered it works very well and ALL by and for folk like yourself

Maybe you'd like to do some campaigning? If so, please go here: You must be logged in to see this link. and download & print some flyers. Maybe you can leave some at your Polling Station?

Many thanks for your support.

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions.

In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page

Turnaround
Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

2 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  02:11:05  Show Profile Send Turnaround a Private Message
Credit where credits due, even though I didn’t post my problem, the information contained on this site was enough to see me through and for that I am very grateful. If you consider that in sharing my experience of going through the mill and offering encouragement to others would be useful, then I will do my best to contribute to the forum.

With regard to Mr Andy Reed MP, he was only too pleased to “highlight my issues” with his Tax Credit contact, whether this was help or going through the motions I don’t know, but something changed.

As you will be aware, initially you deal with a system involving a predetermined “mind set” that is beyond reason. However, after involving my MP and passing ALL my subsequent correspondence through him, I appeared to be corresponding with a human at HMCR and then armed with my data I was able to reason with this Higher Officer and challenge their original decision.

Not to sure about the campaigning leaflets as yet, but I certainly tell others about the site.

And thank you for the “Heads Up” regarding my expenses, I will let you know how I get on in due course.

Regards……Turnaround

Edited by - Turnaround on 02/05/2010 02:18:40
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  14:58:46  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Great stuff - thanks for that!!

Yes, I think that offering encouragement to others is a very important part of this site and it's from people like ourselves who have taken-on and BEATEN the mighty HMRC that other folk can gain the confidence & strength that they need to do the same. It doesn't take much time - just pop in now & then & let the newbies know that they CAN and WILL win if they have been honest & the fault isn't theirs.

Thanks too for the info on your MP - it's nice to know who the helpful ones are and yes, please do tell others about us.

Now, go after them for your expenses - they owe at least that to you!!

Good luck & keep smiling!

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions.

In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page

splashin
Rank; Really should become a politician

Belize
730 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  17:16:02  Show Profile Send splashin a Private Message
Hi Turnaround

Great News !!!

Thank you for posting your success on our forum, it helps prove to others, who find themselves in this position, there are people who do succeed should they dispute.

Splashin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2