Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 New Members Cases
 Where do i go from here??????
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

captaintess
Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  08:56:22  Show Profile Send captaintess a Private Message
Hi Everyone, firstly i would like to take this opportunity to thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.

Well.... i received a letter from the Tax Credit department for an outstanding amount of 10,000. i have appealed against this and got a reply of "You have no grounds of appeal". Demanding 10,000, i do owe them money, however i contest the amount! i wrote to them in November 2004, giving them my earnings, stating that the award is wrong and must stop etc, including my P60's! however they did nothing about it and stated that they continued to pay me! albeit i cannot evidence that they did! the bank are not very helpful when you want statements going back 6 years!
I simply don't know where to go from here!

Thank you again.
Christian

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

splashin
Rank; Really should become a politician

Belize
730 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  09:17:24  Show Profile Send splashin a Private Message
Hi Captainess

Firstly, you need to DISPUTE not appeal this overpayment. You are 1 of many who say exactly the same in their posts. To appeal to TCO, what you are asking them to do is look at the amount of entitlement you have been awarded, for example, if you have 3 children and only 2 awarded on your claim. This is an appeal.
When you have been overpaid, for whatever reason. And you believe the overpayment to be incorrect or not your fault, then you need to DISPUTE. We have a guide to show you what to do and when to do it, if you wish to dispute. It looks a bit like hard work, but really it's quite straight forward and worthwhile doing, if it is going to save you 10k.
Complete your TC846, stating you wish to dispute the overpayment and have requested your SAR to be sent out to you, which you will be using as evidence to back up your dispute claim. This suspends recovery until your dispute looked into further.
Your SAR, is all your system entries ever made on the Tax Credit system, shows income declared, amounts & dates paid, what date changes were applied to your file etc etc. Also all call recordings made to the helpline. This takes about 40 days to be sent out to you, without this evidence you are fighting a losing battle. Click this link and follow 'How to Dispute' any problems or questions, please ask.
You must be logged in to see this link.

Splashin
Go to Top of Page

splashin
Rank; Really should become a politician

Belize
730 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  09:19:28  Show Profile Send splashin a Private Message
P.S

Forget to say, from now on, when you send ANYTHING to TCO, send it recorded delivery. Otherwise it goes missing.

Splashin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2