Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 New Members Cases
 All Quiet at the moment
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dave s
Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  19:08:14  Show Profile Send dave s a Private Message
I havent had a threatening letter or phone call for ages, does this mean they have forgotten about me or are they waiting for the election before they bombard me again. Sadley it doesnt look like any of the parties are going to do anything to help us.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

splashin
Rank; Really should become a politician

Belize
730 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  19:28:39  Show Profile Send splashin a Private Message

Hello Dave S

HMRC is an elephant !!!!

Splashin
Go to Top of Page

LittleLady

40 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  11:15:58  Show Profile Send LittleLady a Private Message
There are thousands of overpayments on their lists, waiting for further action. If HMRC have already written to you and/or phoned you, then as far as they are concerned you are aware of the debt, and aware of your obligation to deal with it - either by actively disputing it, or contacting them to request a payment arrangement.

They try not to go over the same ground - if they have phoned or written in the past, your case might either be waiting for a personal call to be made at your home by a Debt Management officer, or it might be waiting to be entered into court. (It depends what the 'threatening letters' warned of.)

Have you ever spoken to them? Have you disputed? Did you send a dispute then never hear anything again?
Go to Top of Page

dave s

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  22:03:45  Show Profile Send dave s a Private Message
Yes i have been disputing for a few years now and this is the longest that i havent heard from them, most likely because of the election, at least its giving me a chance to come up with another reason to continue disputing. I know i will end up having to repay because of all the stuff you read on TAXCC.ORG but im just going to eek it out as long as i can in case there is a change of heart. HA but i wont be holding my breath.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2