Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tax Credit Overpayments
 Success
 Thanks for all the great advice
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dueyb
Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  20:57:36  Show Profile Send dueyb a Private Message
Just wanted to let you know that after being directed to this site via MSE and following your steps to dispute our 'overpayments' I have been informed that the 2500 they were claiming we owed them is not the case and have in fact received a cheque today for 900.

Due to an error on our claim the TC office were requesting every single payment we'd ever received back, I knew we weren't over the upper limit so was shocked when I was getting sent requests to repay this money.

After about 9 months of stress worrying about paying this money back just wanted to say thanks for the straight forward guide on how to start the whole dispute process as it seemed mind boggling at first.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

splashin
Rank; Really should become a politician

Belize
730 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  21:16:35  Show Profile Send splashin a Private Message
Hi Dueyb

FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!

Splashin
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  22:24:54  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
That is wonderful news Dueyb. Thanks for letting us know of your success - and for your kind words!

There is one other thing you can do & that is to write to The Lying Scotsman - Gordon Brown thanking him for designing such a brilliant system and for the 9 months or so of stress that you have suffered because of it.

Don't expect a reply though - the man is too pig ignorant for that, but it is a good thing to let him know of your annoyance etc. at what has often been described as his "Flag Ship".

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions.

In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page

TCC Webmaster
Admin

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
148 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  12:53:14  Show Profile Send TCC Webmaster a Private Message
Thanks, dueyb. Makes it all worth doing!

Could we ask you to post news of your success on the MSE forum, please? We want to help as many people as possible.

Thanks.

The original 'point & click' interface was a Smith & Wesson !!
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  07:51:01  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
So pleased, Dueyb! I can remember my own delight at finally being off the hook, and how stressful it all was. I hope you are tempted to follow Alan's suggestion, as it's only buy collectively exposing the injustices of the system that we can ever hope to end them.

Winning your case is great, and another weight to add to the balance in favour of a tax credit write off, since all that effort on HMRC's part to force you to repay has yet again failed. The more who win, the stronger our arguments. The more people forced and browbeaten into repaying, the more likely it is that these injustices continue. In helping yourself you have certainly, indirectly, helped others. And I am sure claimants still in dispute will read your post and feel heartened by it, knowing that there's light at the end of the tunnel. Well done, and thanks for that!!!

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2