Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 Your Comments (Tax Credit Related)
 tax credit overpayment
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimblenimble
Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  20:30:27  Show Profile Send jimblenimble a Private Message
jimblenimble here. The latest is on my overpayment going back 7 years, is the tco will not suspend proceedings,as at some point over the last few years they claim it has already been suspended once and cannot be done again. my local mp has got involved,but his latest email states that he cannot suspend action an has no power to stop it ,if it has already been suspended in the past. My argument to him is not all avenues have been exhausted,because last month the tco advised me to contact the adjudicator which i have done.i have recieved a thounsand letters of correspondence from them,which is all my data ,going back 7years.they have said in their letter that my telephone calls will follow shortly,therefore all avenues have not been exhaused and my mp wont tell them to stop proceedings,because they say they cannot do it twice .where do i go from here ,your help and advice would be greatly appreciated at this urgent time ,thankyou jimblenimble.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

splashin
Rank; Really should become a politician

Belize
730 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  22:11:49  Show Profile Send splashin a Private Message
Hello jimblenimble

When HMRC suspend a overpayment because it has been disputed by the claimant, it will be held in that status until a response has been made by HMRC recording why the overpayment occurred and answered any questions you may have raised on the matter. Then HMRC will return the overpayment into the recovery status. You can stop this at any time again by disputing the overpayment again with HMRC but you will need new further evidence to back up your claim.
Your MP is talking a load of rubbish, all avenues have not been exhausted.
You have now written to the Adjudicator and have received you SAR documents and await your call recordings. What is your next plan of action?
Have you kept the data from HMRC in order as it came?
What has the Adjudicator said to you regarding there involvement?

Splashin
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  01:21:30  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Let's have the name of your MP printed in big letters here - and which party he's a member of please.

Name & shame the barsteward!!

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions.

In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  08:04:01  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
So you are still awaiting your call records yet are at the Adjudicator stage already, with your MP doing nothing?

Sounds all wrong to me...

Surely a case to assemble ALL your evidence and re-enter at the internal HMRC dispute stage?

Draw out the process, do it thoroughly, and perhaps this time justioce will prevail?

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  08:04:40  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
It is your right. Don't let your Nu Labour MP mislead you otherwise.

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2