Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tax Credit Overpayments
 Tax Credits Latest News
 2009 AGM
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJD
Admin

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2009 :  14:30:26  Show Profile Send PJD a Private Message
Hi have started the AGM, but we are having a few techinical problems and we just have to post at the conclusion of the meeting.
Cheers

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

PJD
Admin

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2009 :  00:35:08  Show Profile Send PJD a Private Message
hiya all,

informal notes from our AGM. more formal minutes will be provided when we catch up a bit :-)

AGM notes

Technical problems (weak router wifi signal at Sarah’s house) has meant that we weren’t able to log on to the forum and post notes from the AGM as the meeting progressed as we did last year so this post is an informal summary of what went on:

Group discussed matters arising from last year’s minutes – a few updates about what each trustee has followed up over the year.

A surprising amount has been achieved which has not perhaps been noted in the various reports and a special thank you to volunteer Karen for raising approx £500 for the organisation from ebay sales of second hand junk, and to Claire for all her hard work in organising the jumble sale which raised a further £170.

Chair’s report is available (You must be logged in to see this link.) – unfortunately Graham had family commitments which meant that he couldn’t attend this year’s AGM (Paula chaired the AGM in his absence and voted as Graham’s proxy). Other trustee’s reports are also available online.

A large donation from a local Rotherham councillor, Lynda Donaldson, has funded a lot of publicity materials and we are very grateful for her help and support.

32 votes received from voting members which were unanimously in favour of all the current trustees being re-elected in their current roles (details).

There was significant discussion with regards to campaigning particularly in view of a likely general election in May – at present there is no definite plan but we all agreed that this is a good opportunity to do some awareness raising and to pursue the main political parties with regard to their future policy plans about Tax Credits.

There are plans afoot for another fundraising and awareness raising jumble sale to be held in Rotherham on May Day, Monday 3 May 2010.

After some discussion about a Christmas Card competition we decided that as Ali has won the past few Christmas Card competitions, we would simply ask her to design a Christmas Card this year.

However, we have an exciting idea for a new competition entitled “What would you like to send Gordon for Christmas this year?”. Details of this will be announced shortly on the website and / or forum.

Go to Top of Page

PJD
Admin

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2009 :  00:54:06  Show Profile Send PJD a Private Message
we can shuffle papers with the best of em.....

Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  23:19:45  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
"...we decided that as Ali has won the past few Christmas Card competitions, we would simply ask her to design a Christmas Card this year"

Lol, I won one! Sammy did our initial Scrooge one, then it was my take-off of the Shirley-whatever-her-name-is kids drawing sent one year by Brown, then Graham won with his threadbare Christmas Tree!

However, I will give it a go... To atone for not putting my (Southern) face in at the AGM.

Ali x.

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  01:54:13  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Nice to see the plates of sarnies & biccies untouched, but who ate all the pies??

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions.

In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  10:06:39  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
I still have the Christmas cards from previous years stored on my pc, and each year I add a topical message inside them, print them & post them off to The Lying Scotsman & Co.

Waste not want not.

(the funny thing is, I never seem to get any in return)

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions.

In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page

PJD
Admin

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2009 :  20:34:00  Show Profile Send PJD a Private Message
hiya all,

i know you have been waiting with bated breathe so here at long last are the final minutes

You must be logged in to see this link.

Alan - i never get a card back either
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2009 :  01:04:49  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
<< Alan - i never get a card back either >>

They don't like us PJ

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2