Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 Computer stuff
 Forums are so slow
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CougarGB
Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  13:07:07  Show Profile Send CougarGB a Private Message
Is it just me or is moving around the forums slow?

I am using Firefox and although the initial Forum page opens quickly thereafter every move takes at least 20 seconds, sometimes more!

CougarGB

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  14:20:34  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Yep, it's slow.

I use Firefox too and find it slow, but compared to whatever HMRC use when they're "processing" appeals & disputes it's like greased lightning!!

It is however, a FREE forum and maybe if we PAID for it we could have it a bit faster? I don't know - I'm just a thick Geordie B*****d.

Maybe you'd like to visit this page on our main site: You must be logged in to see this link. ?

And this one: You must be logged in to see this link. and lend a hand??

At present, we have over 600 "members" - but ony half a dozen or so actively involved. We really could do with a bit more help!!

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions.

In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page

CougarGB
Rank; Hector Tax Inspector

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  15:16:14  Show Profile Send CougarGB a Private Message
I wasn't criticising the Forum per se, just the loading of each page! Particularly as there were only 3 people on the Forum at the time!

My experience of other forums is that they appreciate feedback about speed issues, so that they are aware. Like your campaign, nothing gets resolved if you keep quiet.

Obviously it is the Freebie provider as they will have 100's, probably thousands using their servers at one time!

I understand it is FREE and I am grateful like all the others that use this site

PM me if I can help the "SIX"

CougarGB
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  02:27:15  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Hi Cougar.

I know you weren't criticising the forum per se - I just have a somewhat abrasive style of writing sometimes!!

Yes, you are right that the freebie provider will have a lot of folks all using their server att he same time, and speed will suffer because of that.

Sorry if I appeared to be attacking you - I didn't mean it lik ethat.

Anyway, please have a look here You must be logged in to see this link. and see what you can do.

Many thanks, and apologies for the delay in reponding.

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions.

In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2