Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tax Credit Overpayments
 Success
 3603 written off due to HMRC 'error'
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  12:33:18  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Thank you to the Tax Credit Casulties PJ and Ali who have been so helpful in helping me have my boyfirends overpayments written off

The overpayments go back to 2004! The letters started again in 2007 from the HMRC
HMRC sent threatening letters about legal proceedings and were very rude and after some very strong letters back and throwing some of PJ's wording to the HMRC in a letter they wrote off the first overpayment of 812

It didnt stop there as I was convinced my boyfriend had done everything right!

What is very useful is getting the recordings of the telephone conversatuons as that had the evidence we needed of HMRC saying they made an error and that he was entitled to the money at least 4 times!

After anouther year of endless letter writing, going to my MP who then went to Alistair Darling we had the final overpayment of 2791 written off

We have also received a bit of compensation now in addition to this

My advice is stick to it and dont lets the cretins win!

Cheryl
Hertfordshire

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  20:04:37  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Hi Cheryl

Congratulations on your succes and many thanks for your kind words about us.

I goes to show that these arrogant, incompetent and all too powerful idiots CAN be beaten with determination and a lot of persistence!

If you're happy with our humble efforts, please tell your friends - if not, please tell us!!

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible
reductions. In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  08:43:41  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Thanks for the kind words, Cheryl. You're proof once again that honesty and determination to win can overcome bureaucratic bullying by an organisation which should really know better.

We don't get to hear of everyone who wins who has visited our forum or website, but certainly we have, collectively, already notched up an impressive tally of successes from those we are in direct contact with, which is all credit to those bold enough to stand up to the heavy mob at the Treasury and not be ground down into repayment plans they cannot afford, just to get these state-sanctioned bullies off their backs. Thanks for fighting back and showing HMRC that might is not always right. Every win helps show HMRC and the government which instructs and oversees them that the system can be cruel and unfair and needs to change.

Do feel free to visit this forum in the future, as you don't have to be a current victim to post!

Glad you won - thought you would in the end!

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2