Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 Light Relief
 MP for sale/swap
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  12:36:12  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
MP for sale/Swap

Dawn primarolo semming unable to answer letters that contain awkward questions, on theft within the HMRC by employees..on sort my Tax Credit problems..seemingly unwilling to do that as well, as she was in charge at the time..

So swap for another MP or something more useful..

Any Suggestions

The truth is out there.. GO get it......Non Illigitamus Carborundum

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  18:13:45  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
How about swapping her for a chocolate teapot??

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible
reductions. In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2009 :  11:46:19  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
Thanks for the suggestion Alan ..i will keep it in mind..

As yet again Dawn Primarolo seems unable to answer my letters..she now rates as the most useless MP. in my mind at the moment

or is your MP more useless as mine.. perhaps another Labour MP..

The truth is out there.. GO get it......Non Illigitamus Carborundum

Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2009 :  13:58:54  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
For Robert

You must be logged in to see this link.

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible
reductions. In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  07:24:11  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Robert, this should cheer you up; seems that your chocolate teapot MP is not going to be dominating Bristol politics very much longer:

Heavy losses for Labour in Bristol
05/06/2009

The Labour Party has suffered a crushing defeat at local elections in Bristol - losing eight of its 10 contested seats….This means the Labour Party drop to third place overall in the council…Labour MP for Bristol South Dawn Primarolo was present at the Bristol Council House, where the count was co-ordinated.

Despite the humiliating loss, the minister of state for public health remained defiant.She said: "Tonight is clearly disappointing, lots of good Labour councillors have lost their seats tonight. "It's undeniable that the voters are angry and it focused around the issues at Westminster and MPs expenses…

Ms Primarolo put Tory and Lib Dem gains down to protest votes against her party... Finally, the minister said she did not expect the chain of resignations to end with Mr Brown standing down as Prime Minister.

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2009 :  18:24:42  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Hi Robert - perhaps you should swap Primarolo for this fella:

Bristol MP joins calls for tax credit debt to be wiped
Thursday, July 9th 2009 17:52

A Bristol MP has joined calls for families paid too much money by the tax credit system to have their debts written off.

Bristol North West Labour MP Doug Naysmith will address a conference at the Thistle Hotel in Bristol later to make the call.

It's been organised by the Citizen's Advice Bureau, who say they have seen numerous families come to them asking for debt advice as a result of tax credit overpayments.

The problems stem mainly from the early years of the system, from 2003-2005 when they claim the system was "poorly administered", a fact the government admits.

Some families have run up debts of as much as £13,000, though the average overpayment is between £2000-£3000.

The CAB says in some cases, the system is so complicated that even those running it can't work out how much the debts are.

It gives the example of one Bristol family who have been given five different figures for the amount of their debt, including one at nearly £4000. They eventually had the real debt - £1000 - written off.

Doug Naysmith has signed a motion in the House of Commons calling for the government to cancel debts. He will address the Bristol conference later.

But he admits it may be difficult to get the government to agree fully. He told Original 106.5: "I'm under no illusion that this will be an easy thing to do. The treasury very sensibly says that we can't write off people's debts because it could be unfair.

"If word gets around that we will write debts off then people who run them up later for whatever reason will think it's unfair - that others have had them written off and they can't.

"But we should be able to get these people treated much more fairly."

Robert, you obviously live in the wrong part of Bristol!

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2