Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 Campaigning Section
 Labourspace
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  21:59:42  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Thankyou for your email of this morning. Through the power of facebook, 10 of the votes added today have come from my facebook friends list and I'm working on more.

I have to ask though, when I came to this forum to make a suggestion, I couldn't find a thread anywhere (obviously there's the link on the front page - but if I was coming along looking for help, I'd head straight to the forum and ask a question)

Also wanted to know if you've set up a facebook page (other mediums such as Twitter, Myspace, Blogger.com also have massive automated feeds coming from them spreading them far and wide... sure there's a lot of silly cat pictures and inane 'name 25 curious facts about yourself'... but they're mediums with power as well). Word of mouth is the biggest tool you have at your disposal - and its free, and easy.

~sympathy~ I do understand that you're volunteers with only limited time at your disposal.

Would also add - in the same vein - that in the 9 or so months since I signed up, that was the first email I'd received from you. I don't check the forums, but if I'm asked for information, case study etc I will make the time to provide them. I've had no such requests - but I see requests have been made on the forums which I would have responded to had I received an email such as the one you sent out this morning.

Steph
Still fighting 6.6k demands...

Edited by - n/a on 27/02/2009 22:02:13

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  22:08:05  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
OK, yes you do have a facebook group. Not very well attended. You don't seem to have posted the link to your campaign to the other facebook groups about the tax credits systems though. Contact their administrators. Explain what you're doing. Ask them to contact their group members to support the campaign.

(sorry I sound brusque - I'm not, just busy)

x

Edited by - n/a on 27/02/2009 22:08:37
Go to Top of Page

TCC Webmaster
Admin

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
148 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  23:39:32  Show Profile Send TCC Webmaster a Private Message
Hi Stephie,

Thanks for posting this - and thanks for taking the time to ask your facebook friends to join in. (Thanks to them for actually doing it, too). If only we had more members + friends like that, this campaign would have been won a long time ago.

Obviously, you now know that we have a facebook page - but it is a little hard to find that info, isn't it! We're also on twitter, but that is very new and isn't on the site at the moment.

The easiest thing for me to say about that is that I am in the process of re-writing the main website - not only to bring it bang-up-to-date with modern web practices, but to make navigating it easier. It will also be easier for people to find what they want.

Part of that process will be a revamped and more complete 'links' page, to whatever we believe that members will find useful.

Let's get back to the e-mail thing, and the fact that this was the first contact you'd had in 9 months or so.

I'm really glad that you have brought it up. It's important. I have sometimes had the feeling that the forum and the main website are seen as two separate things. What I really mean is that some of our members only go to, and know of, the forum - and others only go to the website.

In reality, they are two separate things - the forum is not hosted on the website, because it was set up (on a free forum site) in the past, by a new volunteer, when TCC only really consisted of Paula. So when the forum came into being, it was set up and administered by this other member - who is now taking some time out to deal with things that are happening in his own life.

Anyway, when you mention the e-mail that you received, you probably got it because I sent a 'group' e-mail to all of the forum members. The reason why you haven't had one in the past is because the 'menu item' to send a group e-mail on the forum is missing from the menu. Yesterday, I worked out how to get to it using my experience - so, I'm glad it actually worked. We will send more in the future.

What concerns me more is the fact that, from your experience, forum members might not know about the main website You must be logged in to see this link.. There is a page there, You must be logged in to see this link., where you can subscribe to our newsletter - which is sent every 4 to 6 weeks, and should sort out any communication problems that you have had in the past. As for me, now that I know how, I'll make sure that each newsletter is also sent to the forum list - although it will probably have to be in plain text.

As for Facebook, Twitter, Bebo, MySpace and everything else like them, I'm actually a silly old bu**er, and even though I can put together a website and have loads of skills - facebook and the like confuse the heck out of me (it's not logical - believe me!!). It's actually Paula who has made the facebook and twitter pages.

You seem to be at home with them all - Is there anything that you could do to be our official 'spread the word' member? Either officially, as a TCC team member, or unofficially as yourself?

Please let us know - you can e-mail me at Webmaster@TaxCC.org, or if you'd rather talk to Paula, please e-mail her at Paula@TaxCC.org.

Thanks for posting your message here. Whatever else you do, please sign up for the Newsletter on the main website.

Cheers,

Make change happen!!

Support our 'Justice is an Amnesty' campaign on the Labour website 'LabourSpace'

Register and vote at You must be logged in to see this link.

The original 'point & click' interface was a Smith & Wesson !!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2009 :  03:59:57  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Hullo Purple Nameless Webmaster

All makes sense. Have you older kids you can get involved? My 17 year old would jump at the chance to help right injustice in the world - he's just at the right age to be ultra passionate and not at all shy about spreading his opinions. And being a teenager, he's ultra confident with the various social networking methods available on the internet.

Could Paula add me as an admin to the facebook group please (I've just joined - Steph Hall) and I will do what I can. With a lot of internet comms stuff I know the potential but have never used them - I've spent most of the last 12 years working in the net industry - first as a partner in a web design & development company and then in my current incarnation as an online retailer (hence my tendancy to view everything as a marketing exercise). For most of that time I've been self employed so I'm not terribly good at discussion by committee :p

I can't commit to anything long term but I will try and help while I can (this time of year is pretty quiet for me) - with four kids ranging from 2 to 17, a business, husband, 2 dogs, seven cats and my very own mental illness to nurture *heavy self-deprecation* things get a little manic at times.

I would also suggest you urge members to use the 'contact a newspaper' link on the labourspace page, preferably detailing their story as a demonstration that this campaign deserves attention. I'd assume that you've already hit the nationals with this but.... one polite request for a look means a lot less than many people explaining exactly why they should look.

Can't do anything over this weekend - fully booked up, but Tuesday onwards I should be able to put some time into this. Its something I feel incredibly strongly about.

Avoided emailing because I know I'm flat out this weekend and I don't want any reply to be lost amidst the masses of other stuff that will come in.

Steph

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2009 :  04:10:03  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Ohhhhh and what I also meant to say was.... once ON the labourspace page, I naturally clicked through to view all campaigns. I clicked through to read a few, mainly based on the merit (or in some cases anti-merit) of their titles.

The point being, the titles were important. And the campaign title doesn't give any indication of what you're campaigning about Tax Credit Victims: Justice Is An Amnesty or similar would help greatly.

It would also help with its general internet profile. Titles are important to the thousands of little cyber robots that zoom around indexing stuff and assigning importance to them. 'Tax Credits' is a much more searched-for phrase than 'Justice is an Amnesty' and thus assigned greater importance(and I'd also gently point out that a hell of a lot of people - many of whom are going to be in your target audience, the internet is no longer the province of the middle classes - don't know what the word 'amnesty' means)
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2009 :  08:57:23  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Hi Stephie - thanks for your interest and enthusiasm. Whilst I can see that you are quite 'direct' and will challenge the way we do things if you think we could do them better - I like you! Constructive criticism is no bad thing, and pitching in to help is even better.

It's good to see new ideas being generated, and this thread used by others. Having more variety and other contributors is good. As you can see, what I have been trying to do here, in my own small way, is to motivate and inspire (if that's not too pretentious a word) people to not just devote energy to sorting out their own cases but to see and challenge the wider implicatations of something so obviously flawed being implemented on such a huge scale, and how a whole raft of people have been treated like human guinea pigs in a bizarre social experiment destined to go wrong from the outset due to its complexity, inappropriateness and lack of safeguards. Unfortunately people driven into despair, having to choose between eating and keeping warm, struggling to get through each day, and perhaps even contemplating suicide are not necessarily going to be tireless campaigners, and admitting to being in debt and perhaps also having mental health issues to contend with is very, very hard for people to do. Apparently the latest research shows that this is harder than coming out as gay.

Like Paula (I was one of those active members coming along later), I couldn't believe that something set up ostensibly to help people could cause so much harm, and when I found out the scale of the problem it seemed quite incredible to me that there wasn't this massive revolt going on. Finding that there wasn't, we stuck together trying to reach and unite all the victims we could find, and prod them into action. There has been much against us. Firstly, our busy lives. Paid work sucks up such a huge chunk of us, and we've all got dependents of one kind or another. Then there's finding people, getting up to speed with technology, and getting an audience. Tax credits are not a 'sexy' subject. When we talk to the media (and fortunately there's been a lot of this lately - watch this space!), they obviously don't want just to talk to us, but to interview victims experiencing the problems we are telling them about - whether it is recovery of payments given to a deceased relative, premature court action with CCJs, breaches of data security, being a victim of fraud, or whatever. So we then have to find people willing and able to speak. People have often been to Hell and back, and want to nurse their wounds, not open them to the world to disect and prod. So this is some of what we are up against.

Having said this, we've made great progress so far, and I'm pretty sure that none of our core group has had previous campaigning experience. I do agree with you, though, that we need to make the best of the time we do have available and the work we put in so that we can reach and support more and more people, and empower and motivate them to want to contribute as much as they can.

The only thing about "Justice is an Amnesty" is that it is going to draw - in my opinion - interest from people for whom justice and human rights are key values, as it immediately (to my mind) conjours up the idea of some social injustice which should be remedied for the good of all. And somewhere like Labourspace, I would expect visitors to have some sense of fairness, morality, equality, egalitarianism and similar values that were once associated with the Labour party - arguably as once was. I do see your point, however, in getting "Tax Credits" into the title. The question is - will more people read the 'blurb' with this addition than without it?

I do hope you will join us, and if it has to be for a quick burst and then back to your other demands of life, then that has to be better than nothing.

At different times and stages I think we have all tried to offer ideas and tools for mass use, ranging from our "letter of the month" to posts on the various threads here, but this is difficult to keep up as it entails a lot of work and it's not always easy to find out how effective this approach has been. How many people do use these letters or extracts from them, or think, "I can do better than that!" and write something fantastic of their own? Alan - who you will meet in these threads - tends to be the "bad cop" to my "good cop", ticking members off for not doing more. Yet I suspect that people are writing to their MPs and the media - perhaps on a large scale too - but unless they tell us, or we ask, we never get to find out just how effective these campaigns are.

One area I think we could improve on is lobbying MPs and recording responses across the country, perhaps party by party. Often people refer here to contacting their MPs. The question is, are they asking, "please help me get my overpayment written off", or are they also saying, "and promote the work of Tax Credit Casualties and challenge the injustices of the system whenever and wherever you can, and please let me know so I can feed back what you are doing both for your constituents and for this cause"? And how do we get to know where our strongest support is so we can work in conjunction with these MPs? And how do we get Labour Ministers to the table?

I do hope the national TV appearances which are coming up shortly, together with UNISON's quiet acceptance of Motion 100 - Unfair Clawback of Tax Credit Overpayments, AND our Labourspace campaign will get Labour MPs thinking, "sh-t, this is going to cost us at the next election" - but hoping is not enough. We have tried the, perhaps niaive, tack of "let's tell Labour what is wrong about the tax credit system because they obviously don't know, and need to do so in order to put things right", and experienced the eye-opening experience that actually, they do know what is wrong but don't really care. So now it seems that Labour are only going to change things if they see something in it politically for themselves.

The key question for me right now is, how do we get the rank-and-file Labour MPs to see that challenging Brown on the harsh recovery processes which he condones is not an act of treachery to their leader so much as a matter of social justice and integrity which could actually save the party?

Crack this, and we will win our campaign before the year is out, I believe.

Would be good to know your thoughts on this. And I can be contacted at ali@taxcc.org

Cheers, Ali.

(emphasis added)

Trinity: No one has ever done anything like this.
Neo: That's why it's going to work.

Edited by - Ali M-W on 28/02/2009 09:02:34
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2009 :  09:17:52  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
What I would like to ask is this:

How can we reach more people?

How can be better foster the idea that this is everyone's campaign and play to our members' strengths (whether in fundraising, researching different issues, being active on other forums to bring people in, supporting others through the dispute process, writing to MPs, getting publicity, generating ideas, etc.)?

How can we keep track of what our active members are doing? (I find, for example, that if I spend time trying to help with casework issues, I am less productive in communicating with members, seeking publicity opportunities etc., as to devote time in one area is often to ignore another.) It was suggested that we have a thread along the lines of, "what I have been doing to help our campaign", but this hasn't been actioned yet.

Which public figures, politicians etc. are likely to be most helpful and supportive to our cause, and how might we reach them? (I recently wrote to the Bishops who had expressed concern at the level of personal debt in Britain, and the possibility of this being discussed at the General Synod in March was raised, but this is just one faith group and it would be helpful to extend this to other faiths too. Are we multi-cultural enough?)

How can we empower HMRC insiders - who do come forward and express empathy for our plight - to change the system from within? (Currently all we can ask is for them to be interviewed anonymously by the media, an act of faith and courage on their part, and to their credit some have agreed, but many are scared witless of losing their jobs and being severely punished, and whilst we respect this, it is frustrating to lose out on the help they could give us if their working culture were different.) How can we use HMRC insiders to best effect, without incurring unecessary risk to their careers?

I would be interested in your thoughts, Stephie.

Go to Top of Page

TCC Webmaster
Admin

148 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2009 :  14:23:33  Show Profile Send TCC Webmaster a Private Message
Hi Stephie,

Thanks for your reply ... I'll get in touch with Paula this evening, when she is back home, about Facebook.

Good suggestion regarding the name of the campaign. I've just been on the LabourSpace site and edited the name to 'Justice is an Amnesty for Tax Credit Overpayment Victims', and it's now in for 'approval' by the powers that be. (took them about three weeks to 'approve' the campaign in the first place!).

An interesting point is that all of the figures for other campaigns seem to have shot up all of a sudden. Maybe they're fixing some of the errors on the site.

Many thanks for your offer to do what you can - it's very much appreciated.

LOL - My name's Graham BTW ...

Hope everything is busy for you in all the right ways, and I'll catch you again after Tuesday.

Cheers!

Make change happen!!

Support our 'Justice is an Amnesty' campaign on the Labour website 'LabourSpace'

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  03:22:15  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Hi again and sorry for the delay.

Ali - yes, direct :-) I'm another Geordie (albeit far from home), its a national trait. Gets me into no end of trouble. Judging from Alans sig (placing him in Blaydon) I grew up just a few miles from him.

I know people better than I know the workings of MPs (or religious figures - I'm a second gen athiest and have no idea what impact, if any, leading faith leaders have). But people are... not lazy, but apathetic. Its is easier to sit back and worry than it is to challenge this enormous national institution and many people don't have the faintest idea how to go about doing so and even when they're told how - step by step as you have on the main site - its STILL easier not to until its too late.

The key to more support is a higher profile and I recognise thats what you're doing. Upcoming TV appearances is fantastic, its whether you're hitting the right audience. Unfortunately with limited time and people thats going to remain an issue. Ideally, you'd be able to take each story, at the outset get the contributor's permission to use and fire them off to local papers. Another one whichI think has potential is womens mags. The true-life-story type mags may grab something like this if pitched correctly. 'National scandal etc etc' and a few illustrative stories from Ms "I'm a single parent and...", Mr "Our disabled son...", Mr and Mrs "We lost our house...". With pictures, edited to readable English (because magazine story writers like things easy too - just to demonstrate I'm featured in a two page spread in an upcoming national mag in my industry (crafts) not because there's anything particularly spectacular about the business but because what I sent them was pretty much print ready. There's no changes from my original text in the finished article - if its well written and hits the right tone for the publication, your chances are far improved). Anyway the thing about those mags is they have a massive readership of people who will take suggestions. The kind of outraged 'This happened to me too!' that moves people just long enough to make a difference if told exactly how - send their story to the magazine, to you, to their MP.

Lobbying local MPs - again make it easy. Provide a template which both promotes the scale asks MPs to "promote the work of Tax Credit Casualties and challenge the injustices of the system whenever and wherever you can, and please let me know so I can feed back what you are doing both for your constituents and for this cause" AND gives a space to detail their own story.

Contacting public figures... I don't know but my gut feeling says to contact them with a nice letter and a whole load of as many stories as you can get, if this runs into the hundreds then great. Sadly, pulped trees are probably your best friend in this instance. When people do post on here for help, as well as giving advice, ASK if you can keep their story on record with their details for future use. Or even make it part of the forum signup process - Tick here if you are happy for us to use your story in fighting tax credits injustice, tick here if you are welling to be featured in press and magazine publications, tick here if we can pas your details to television companies covering the story' etc. I would imagine there are forum settings allowing the admin to add extra fields in the signup...?

HMRC insiders - I honestly don't know how to encourage them to talk, but a higher profile may well work. If *everyone* is talking then they're more likely to...

Media appearances - personally I'd be far more comfortable appearing in print than on TV (I've done both for various reasons) but there are people who do leap at the chance for tv coverage, you just need to find them and keep them on file.

I am not going to join you officially and I do feel a need to explain why. As I mentioned originally I'm mentally ill. Specifically, I'm bipolar and one of the things that triggers a swing one way or another is pressure (usually self inflicted pressure). Even just the knowledge that I needed to come back, reply to this and follow up on it was enough to start feeling it and I can't compromise my mental state which after YEARS of trying has remained reasonably stable for months for the first time ever. When it goes wrong, it goes horribly wrong, I won't go into details but I do have four suicide attempts on my record among other things, all a result of build up of life pressure. I need to avoid extra commitments.

Saying that, I do intend to spend some time contacting group admins on facebook, and other forum admins elsewhere (google is my friend!) on your behalf with a very specific 'this is what we're trying to do, please send this to your members email accounts (with the text of the email sent out to forum members essentially left as is)' with regards to the Labourspace campaign. Obviously once I've received permission to act on your behalf.

Another thing that did occur to me - specifically with regards to the current campaign is that my MP at least is pretty good at contacting constituents and gathering support. I also know he has time most weeks scheduled specifically to deal with tax credits problems (his schedule is online) and I think there's a reasonable chance I can get him to email out a request for campaign support to at the very least, those constituents which have contacted him about tax credit overpayments, at best to everyone on his email list (and he actively encourages constituents to join up to his mailing list - I suspect there's a lot)

Thats all for now - can we pretend its still Tuesday, I feel bad being late!
Steph
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  03:24:47  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Hi Purple Graham
The figures on each individual campaign page (where the bar chart is) are the supporter votes added to the detractor votes (ie the detractor votes are added instead of taken away). This... fails to surprise me.

Deborah is your facebook admin by the way, not Paula.

Busy continues... its rarely 'right' but it is productive!

Steph

Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  07:24:58  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Thanks for that mammoth late night post,Stephie. I understand your reasons entirely, but shame we couldn't have you on board. The upside of being bipolar seems to be energy, insight and genius, it seems to me. Shame that it also can leave you so low.

So you're a Geordie! Doubtless you take no prisoners...

I agree that public apathy is what this government relies upon to get away with some incredible stuff, and erode liberties and introduce more constraints and punitive measures (tax credit recovery being just one) whilst the nation continues in its sonambulistic walk to destruction. Shame Labour aren't in Opposition again, as they made a much better job of that, it seems. I agree, too, that we need to maske it as easy and attractive as possible for our members and visitors to pitch in en masse.

What you say about Women's Magazine stories seems to ring true. Finally enough, I have just such a service primed and waiting for stories. Whilst I shrink from offering someone up to tell their - I thought perhaps sensationalised - story: "Bungling Tax Credit Officials lost me Everything - Husband, Home, Health and almost cost me my Life" , I know that this would hugely motivate so many women who perhaps don't work full time and could find time and energy to write letters and get more involved in some of the campaigning work we do. It's just a case of finding people happy to tell their story in that way. I would certainly be happy to help with any script, if it could be pre-written.

I will get onto the template letter idea for MPs when I am back from my short break.

Time is the biggest barrier to writing to public figures, but always something I am willing to try.

I will ask Graham about how the settings on the forum can be altered to allow us to guage members' willingness to share stories, etc. Good suggestion!

Can we bear you in mind for newspaper stories? I'm not sure that I remember what your tax credit issues are/were. however, so you may need to fill me in on that sometime, just quickly (different journalists cover different areas, eg. fraud victims, people receiving the wrong correspondence, people taken prematurely to court, etc.)

I do take on board your reasons for joining (although we have core team members who also have mental health issues and certainly do try to operate on a 'do what you can when you can' basis, so we would treat you well and with respect), but you are certainly welcome to spread the word on our behalf, which I know you would do well.

What you have suggested asking your MP to do sounds good, and something I will incorporate into my "standard" MP letter, once written.

Thanks for your helpful suggestions, and I hope you finally managed to get some shut-eye!

Ali.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  08:15:29  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Hehe, I don't know about genius but thankyou. I was a change-not-recorded followed by inept bungling and record mixups. I've had 13K of the original 20K demand written off as a 'mistake', still working on the rest, and have never been taken to court despite 3 or 4 years of threats to do so. If you have an email address I can dig out the whole story in the form of a complaint sent and forward it to you.

As far as joining you goes, its not a question of how I'm treated, I rarely have any issues with anyone who takes the time to listen, its more a case of self imposed stuff-I-have-to-do. I need to avoid it. Took me years and years to realise that was a major factor but now I've nailed it, I'm not letting it go (I refuse to be on the committee of my sports team for the same reason). I'm perfectionist and I get way too fixated on things - and while thats pretty good for the 'thing' in question, it isn't good for a healthy balance in my life.

As far as writing to public figures and time goes, again keep it automated as much as possible. For the vast majority I would have though a standard template would do the trick just fine. Keep it saved, keep your stories saved, print the files as and when you need to.

Sleep - 2 and a half hours I think. Fine again now! And have to do some actual work for a few hours :o)

Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  12:28:22  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Hi Stephie

From one Gerdie to another - Welcome aboard!!

Sorry to hear you're another one with "issues" - I too am a survivor of self-harming (3 attempts in my case) but have been fine(ish) for a couple of years now.

Like you, I have to avoid stress and that's not an easy trick when I've got this house to fix up and my business to re-establish - all at a time when I have no money and have become embroiled in an argument with the DWP over their refusal to pay me Jobseekers Allowance. It's for this reason that I'm not so actively involved in TCC as I'd like to be just now.

Right, that's it for now - I'm off to re-wire my living room!

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible
reductions. In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page

TCC Webmaster
Admin

148 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  13:21:56  Show Profile Send TCC Webmaster a Private Message
Thanks for everything above, Stephie - all noted and digested!

And if we're being up front, well I have my self-harm scars as well - with no new ones for quite a while . It's something that the majority of people just don't understand. There's more, too, but maybe that's enough for public consumption!

Yep! The LabourSpace site is the kind of mess that we have come to accept from the Labour party. The RSS feeds don't work and there are numerous other errors on the site. It is over complicated and almost downright user-unfriendly, too. Despite e-mailing their webmaster about it all, I've had no response whatsoever - in fact, I've never had an e-mail from them about anything!

We have a philosophy here that we all do what we can, with no guilt allowed when we can't do as much as we want too. So people pop in, then go quiet for a bit - and then re-appear when they're ready. So you don't need to apologise, explain or feel guilty at all. You just keep on doing what is right for you!

I'll get in touch with Paula again about Facebook - then she will get in touch with Deborah.

Take care, and look after yourself!

Graham

Make change happen!!

Go to Top of Page

PJD
Admin

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  23:19:28  Show Profile Send PJD a Private Message
hiya all.

am going to confuss straight off the bat i haven't read all the thread posts, but I'm behind and i have had an email about this energetic new volunteer sat in my inbox for too long now, so i just wanted to post quickly.

first of all...

do i suspect we have someone who actually understand the whys and wherefores of twitter? we do indeed have a TCC one, here You must be logged in to see this link. i have done the best i can without reading the instructions

automatic feeds sound great, you know how to do them yeah? (paula@taxcc.org)

i know you have made an offer to be one of our facebook administrators too. here comes confession number 2.

we don't have a facebook group. only a facebook page (i.e its the same as a personal page) for 2 reasons. 1) i didn't know group accounts existed when i started it and 2) i thought the only hope i had of getting the page looking fairly interesting (for FB circles that is) is if it was informal but we could probably do with a properly official group account. a couple of tcc'ers do seem to have set up unofficial TCC group pages (not being territorial here, its just i didn't know they existed until i stumbled across them) but duplicated themes seems to be a hobby of Facebook anyway. I have posted on all the other TC facebook accounts i could find.

if this is your thing, would you like to set the group up for us. sorry, i don't get much time to refine the details of the stuff i set up in TCC name, (hence the still unchanged forum mod rank of 'da purple one') so i just tend to try and keep up with the latest places to be seen and keep my fingers crossed.

cheers
Paula
Go to Top of Page

PJD
Admin

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  22:28:26  Show Profile Send PJD a Private Message
this is the facebook page i maintain
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic