Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 Campaigning Section
 Rotherham Community Achievement Awards 2008
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  11:08:56  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Rotherham Community Achievement Awards 2008

This is described by Voluntary Action Rotherham as 'our campaign to find the people and projects of Rotherham that have made an outstanding difference to local communities. As usual, there will be three categories for the prestigious Community Achievement Award: volunteer, employee and project.'

You must be logged in to see this link.

I have been watching this space since Friday as the site must be updated soon, but the TCC's very own Paula Dean was nominated - chosen as a finalist - and WON!!!

Although patiently waiting for the newspaper articles and website details for TCC 'news' (it will be in our 'Latest News' section when these are available), I thought you might like to know...

Very well deserved.

Morpheus: They are the gatekeepers, they are guarding all the doors and holding all the keys.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2008 :  18:30:58  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
More here, folks!

Morpheus: They are the gatekeepers, they are guarding all the doors and holding all the keys.
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2008 :  07:58:44  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
PJ was also nominated for another award:

I can't help but wonder whether the fact that Gordon Brown dishes out the awards to the winner had anything to do with PJ not succeeding this time?!

Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2008 :  08:00:21  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
This bit makes me laugh - although it's way over 200 people that PJ supports:

"Paula hopes to gain funding and support from the government to provide training and advice for over two hundred people who have contacted her as a result of the debts they face."

Funding and support from the government??? Lol, I can see hell freezing over first...

Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  08:56:40  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Right, finally something on the Voluntary Action Rotherham site about their Community Achievement Awards:

The 3rd Annual Community Achievement Awards took place on Friday 14th November at Magna.

Organised by Voluntary Action Rotherham on behalf of the Rotherham Partnership, the Awards celebrate the people and organisations who go 'just that little bit further' to help improve the quality of life for individuals and communities across Rotherham.

This year’s winners were:

.....Paula Dean from Tax Credit Casualties, who offer support and guidance to people disputing Tax Credit overpayments who won the Volunteer Award.

This has also been in the local papers but not with a link useable here, so I will need our Webmaster's help with that...

Trinity: No one has ever done anything like this.
Neo: That's why it's going to work.

Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  07:56:25  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Just a quick update - Paula attended a Volunteer Action Rotherham event the other day and had some interesting encounters with a sympathetic royal and a vile MP. I wanted to whet your appetite for the news of this which, I hope, will be coming to these pages shortly for your delectation and enjoyment. (I don't get out much...)

Trinity: No one has ever done anything like this.
Neo: That's why it's going to work.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2