Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 Library Pages
 News story archive about tax credits ( Personal )
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  12:17:48  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
These are news stories relating to personal issues..

they keep sending me money..ect

ive had twenty award notices...ect

All these stories were found by the persons on this site.in the

fight for justic.and fair play.

The truth is out there.. GO get it..

Edited by - Robert on 08/06/2007 14:16:26

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  12:26:37  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
But as the committe says the buck stops at Dawns door...so she is the one who will take the blame...for the Tax Credit shambles..

This is from the daily mail.. sums it all up..

I can confirm this. Whilst at my sons a few weeks back, he received a letter telling him he was due a four figur sum in Tax Credits (he has three kids). I was stunned, to say the least when he tore it up
and binned it. When I queried him about his actions, he explained he had just finished paying back an overpayment from the previous year.
When I pointed out to him that he was due, at least some of it for the kids, his response "It's not worth the hassle, Dad" - proof, if it were needed, that, despite all Gordy's posturing about hard-working families, that the system is poorly thought-out and not reaching those who deserve it.

- Drew, Castle Douglas, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  12:35:29  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
he says they keep sending him money..About four weeks ago I had 10 cheques posted to me, each one for 350," said Russell.

You must be logged in to see this link.

'Tax man keeps sending me money'

1/ 6/2007

DAD Russell Whittles just can't get the taxman to stop sending him money. He has been sent thousands of pounds in tax credits - and the money just keeps rolling in.

Architectural technician Russell, 41, of Hill Street, Crawshawbooth, said the saga started two years ago after the birth of his daughter Olena.

Russell, 41, and his wife Arunee, 35, applied for tax credits but soon noticed they were getting too much

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  13:45:22  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
Posted - 24/04/2007 : 1:28:22 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A SINGLE-MUM owed thousands of pounds by the working tax credit system has been forced out of her home.

Julie Richardson, 33, now of Acomb, York, has been waiting for her working tax credit to be calculated since September. She believes she is owed thousands of pounds, but so far has not seen a penny.

She said: "I'm having to borrow money and I've had to go into a homeless hostel as I can't afford to rent anywhere."

advertisementThe single mum said she had been renting a room, but got behind on her rent when she was on maternity leave. She had to leave her home and go into temporary council accommodation as, although she is now working again as a cleaner, she cannot get enough money together for a bond.

She says she and her seven-month old son are now living in an unsatisfactory single room. "I'm having to borrow money just so I can eat," she said.

Miss Richardson currently works 20 hours per week at the University of York, but must also pay for a child minder.

She said: "It's not just about money, it's the stress that it causes as well. It's driving me nuts.

"I've been waiting for my working tax credit for four months."

In that time she has had to send her personal details off twice - as HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) claimed they never received them the first time - and has also received a home visit.

She has been sent numerous letters by HMRC, one of the latest telling her 6,688 had been paid into her bank account. She said the HMRC then took the money back out of her account.

Miss Richardson said: "I'm the one who ends ...up in debt while they work it out. I've waited just over four months to get something.

"I've had nothing but a nightmare with working tax credit. You phone up the helpline and it's not very helpful and I feel like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall. I don't think it's good enough. One person does not seem to know what the other person is doing. The whole system is a cock-up."

A spokesman for HMRC said they could not comment on individual circumstances, but Miss Richardson's case is being looked at and will be treated with urgency.

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  13:47:08  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
Posted - 24/04/2007 : 9:06:19 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------

A stray pen mark on a tax credit application form has trapped a couple from South London in a Kafkaesque nightmare for more than three years.

Here's another one that takes some believing, but believe it we will 'cos we know the HMRC!

Even after the intervention of their MP (Simon Hughes Lib Dem) AND the BBC, HMRC are adamant that the mistake isn't theirs!

Sound familiar??

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  13:47:47  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
Posted - 24/04/2007 : 11:53:41 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw this as well..like the chuckle brothers reference.

HARASSED BY TWO YEARS OF TAX BLUNDERS

10:40 - 31 January 2007

A Furious father is threatening to sue the taxman for libel and compensation after being told he owed nothing - and then being threatened with bailiffs for not paying them 6,500.Robert Bradfield said he will demand an apology and written guarantees that a two-year-long Inland Revenue gaffe won't jeopardise his credit rating after a catalogue of blunders made his life a misery.

Back in October, Mr Bradfield, from Midsomer Norton, was being plagued by the taxman. He would receive cheques for almost 300 for Working Families Tax Credit, and then a demand on the same day to pay the money back.

In the end, he stopped cashing the cheques and even sent one back ripped up - only for it to be returned to him stuck back together again, with a note saying he'd obviously sent it back "in error". The confusion came from Mr Bradfield's circumstances - sometimes he is self-employed and sometimes he is employed by others.

That change in status was too much for the bureaucrats at the Working Families Tax Credit department, who one week told him he had no children and demanded money, and the next week sent lots of cheques.

Things did eventually get better - he only received one more cheque and was called to say it should not have been sent. But on Saturday, a threatening letter came from the very same department, demanding 6,545.16 be paid immediately, or the bailiffs would be round.

It also threatened court action if he didn't pay, even though he has not cashed any of the cheques.

"Back in October it was so bad I called the tax credit people the Two Ronnies. I take it back - they are the Chuckle Brothers," he said.

"The level of incompetence is just amazing," he added.

When the threatening letter arrived it ruined his weekend. "My wife and I are very upset - she was in tears," he said.

"This has gone too far now, it is terrible and I have had enough. First of all I want an apology, and I want it in writing that I don't owe them any money. Also, I want a written guarantee that this will not affect my credit rating, my wife's or my daughter's, and I want compensation for the weeks and months of misery and worry and stress and harassment."

A spokesman for the Inland Revenue said they couldn't comment on individual cases, but a representative told Mr Bradfield he would receive a letter confirming he did not owe any money.

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2007 :  12:53:46  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
Posted - 13/06/2007 : 12:48:45 PM

Worthing woman's tax row made her ill

A PREGNANT and disabled woman from Worthing claims she has been made ill due to the stress of being overpaid government tax credits

Jo Tuck, 32, of Whylands Crescent, Durrington, was receiving the money because as a disabled person she was entitled to it to supplement her income.

You can post comments..

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2007 :  10:28:54  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
Story from 9 may 2007

Case study - The Teague Family
The Teague family from Malvern has had problems with the tax credit system for two years.

Back in 2005 Channel 4 News reported how they'd been overpaid working tax credits and faced having to pay them back even though Caroline Teague was unable to work through sickness and her husband Duncan was unemployed.

Eventually the Inland Revenue agreed they didn't have to repay the money.

But in March this year, after Duncan started work in the hotel industry the payments of working tax credits were stopped - and replaced with child tax credits.

Citizens Advice has told the couple this is wrong and the Teagues are now embroiled in their second fight with Revenue and Customs. Their case is far from unusual

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Admin

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  14:27:56  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message
Posted - 07/07/2007 : 10:47:08 AM

MUM MUST REPAY 2,500 TAX BECAUSE OF A 'MISSING FORM'
BY CATHERINE OAKES
COAKES@DERBYTELEGRAPH.CO.UK

09:30 - 07 July 2007

A Single mum is being forced to pay back more than 2,500 to the Government - all because a form was "not returned".

Imogen Freeman claims that she sent off the relevant paperwork in order to claim working and family tax credits for 2004-5.

She never suspected that something was amiss as the money was subsequently paid into her account.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2