Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 Light Relief
 TCC Christmas Card competition
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJD
Admin

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  21:49:30  Show Profile Send PJD a Private Message
for once i will try doing something early, instead of at the last minute.

last year we ran a quick comp, and many of us sent the winning cards to No 10.

this is last years entries You must be logged in to see this link.

so lets see what we can come up with this year.

any of you that aren't keen (or don't know how) to put your ideas and images together, just drop me a line with a description and any images you want to use and i shall put it together for you.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2008 :  10:40:29  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Okay, we need your entries! Have sent my ideas to Paula and am waiting for the finished result. Any more?

Morpheus: They are the gatekeepers, they are guarding all the doors and holding all the keys.
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2008 :  08:13:59  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Another idea - not original I am afraid - Gordon Brown as a Caganer:

'...a wholesome and fun Catalan addition to the typical Christmas creche figurine family. The traditional caganer is an old Catalan man with a red hat and canvas shoes squatting and taking a dump in the manger. Over time, the theme has expanded to include sumo wrestlers, Santa, the Devil, the Pope, Dali, and soccer fans, just to name a few...'

You must be logged in to see this link.

Apparently he has become the caganer of choice this year:

UK Prime Minister Is Made A Caganer

Prime Minister Gordon Brown has been given an unusual accolade. This year his face will be one of those used on the Caganers, figures that are an essential part of Christmas Nativity tableaux in the Catalan region of Spain...

In all nativity scenes around the region while the more conventional characters… gaze adoringly at the cheap doll in the cardboard manger the caganer squats in the corner quietly having a poop. The caganer is hidden on the periphery of the scene and a game is made of children trying to be the first to find him.

This year Spain’s main manufacturer of nativity figures has chosen Prime Minister Gordon Brown as one of the likenesses that will be given to the caganer figures who are portrayed with pants round ankles, squatting over a pile of poo The honour cold not have been given to a more worthy person…

Caganer translates as “****ter.”

You must be logged in to see this link.

Right, PJ - if you could execute that, I think we have a serious Christmas card competition contender here!

Morpheus: They are the gatekeepers, they are guarding all the doors and holding all the keys.
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2008 :  08:16:31  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
The man is full of it anyway.

Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2008 :  12:20:29  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ali M-W

The man is full of it anyway.

And there was me thinking this forum was a "Family Friendly" one!

"The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible
reductions. In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed."

Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page

PJD
Admin

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  21:01:51  Show Profile Send PJD a Private Message
right guys, sorry about the delay. heres the first, and only so far, entry. its Ali's (she an half set me some challenges you know )

hope you like...

Go to Top of Page

PJD
Admin

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  22:29:46  Show Profile Send PJD a Private Message
mines a bit gloomy for a Christmas card, sorry.

Go to Top of Page

PJD
Admin

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  22:53:52  Show Profile Send PJD a Private Message
and our latest entry from our very own webmaster ....

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2