Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 Library Pages
 Contact your MP
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2008 :  07:59:36  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
There are lots of threads referring to the value of using our MPs, so I hope everyone will use them, or plug away at them if they are not (as with Sammy)pulling their weight...

Here's where you can find your MP:

You must be logged in to see this link.

MPs can help you fight your case (I have heard of two write-offs already this week of massive overpayments which MPs have secured for their constituents.)

They can also spread the word about us to their constituents (unless Labour, when that would be rare but still theoretically possible) - but you will need to ask. Just make it clear that we are about peer support and not supplanting MPs, the CAB, LITRG or the like.

They can ask Jane Kennedy to meet with us, write to Brown, Darling or Kennedy, ask questions in the House, raise and sign supportive Early Day Motions, and do all manner of things if the will is there.

They can put a link on their website to ours.

If we don't ask, we won't get!

Don't be afraid, too, to get your relatives in other constituencies writing to their own MPs out of concern for you and your tax credit problems. This can double or treble the MPs reached!

It is possible, too, to write to MPs other than your own, but only as a representative of a national organisation representing all victims, including people in that MP's constituency .

Anyone wishing to do that can. Just let me or one of the other co-ordinators/activists know of any encouraging response received...

I am starting to compile a list of helpful and supportive MPs. We need to know where our key allies are.

Especially any Labour supporters, such as Alan's Dave Anderson (may he be Labour leader one day!!)

Oracle: What do all men with power want? More power.

Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  14:30:46  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
IF YOUR MP DOES NOT RESPOND THEN USE THIS LINK; You must be logged in to see this link.

Geordie: "Alreet, de ye fancy a Broon?"

English: "Hello, fancy coming for a drink?"
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  15:12:45  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Sent to my MP 4 February 2008

Dear xxxxxxx,

I would be grateful if you would look into this for me;

There is an interesting comment that has been posted on Youtube, relating to outsourced processing activities allegedly being carried out by Fujitsu in Liverpool for HMRC.

The post, if it is true, alleges some pretty serious security shortcomings wrt the processing of tax credit forms.

Here is the comment in full, I have not corrected the grammar or spelling:

"It isnt HMRC but Fujitsu Services currently have the contract for supplying IT services to HMRC that is at fault. In netherton(liverpool) where they process tax credit forms & CIS forms the managers there employ users to key this data into their system without even security checks & people who claim newtax credit have their details sent over email by IT staff without any security enabled, plus peoples details are recorded on CD-roms and left lying around in unlocked cupboards

Also there was newtax claiments details internally copied by users but breaches like this are never highlighted to HMRC and covered up! HMRC should be made aware of the sloppy practices of Fujitsu services and if they renew the contract with them, it will cost them dearly both in money and security.
Be aware Mr Gordan Brown!"

It was found by one of my fellow members of Tax Credit Casualties You must be logged in to see this link. on this excellent site; You must be logged in to see this link.

HMRC and it's masters would have us believe that our personal data is safe in their hands, but the facts would appear to show otherwise.

Very many thanks for all your help.

Yours sincerely,

Alan Xxxxxx

Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  15:35:24  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
Another one for my MP;

Dear xxxxxxx,

I should be most grateful if you could find the answer to this question;

Why is Richard Summersgill, the head of HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)'s child benefit section, receiving a CBE?

The tax credit system under Summersgill's remit costs us the taxpayers £1BN a year, and is recognised as being a total shambles.

Why should this man be honoured for failure?

Many thanks.

Yours sincerely,

Alan Xxxxxx

Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  08:28:27  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
On that subject:

Gong for Summersgill

(to the tune of Cliff Richard’s ‘Summer Holiday’)

We’re all gobsmacked at this gong for Summersgill,
Head of Chaos at the Revenue.
Gongs for Tax Credits and making people ill
Seems a little bizarre to me:
“Here’s a CBE!”

His overpayments don’t come lightly.
His overpayments make us blue.
To profit from our suffering -
Well, that’s something new!

Debts we owe him are not ones of gratitude
If we had the cash, then we would sue.
Criticise him and we just get platitides
‘Cause the attitude’s ‘Hard luck, you!’
From the Revenue.

(and Nu-Labour too…)

Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is…the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  08:47:37  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Someone - I think it was Alan - suggested we start a thread on the most helpful MP of the month. It would be good - I think - to flag up where our best support lies.

Do let everyone know if your MP is particularly good - or particularly bad!

Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is…the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  12:14:22  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
>>Someone - I think it was Alan - suggested we start a thread on the most helpful MP of the month. It would be good - I think - to flag up where our best support lies.>>

The thread was started and exists.

It's here; You must be logged in to see this link.

Also, there is - or at least there is to be - a similar page on our main site.

Edited by - Alan the Geordie on 09/02/2008 12:19:42
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  07:45:59  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Thanks, Alan. That's the only downside about the success of this forum - as we start more discussions and post more info, older threads get buried!

We could do with a Librarian to organise them - although there is a search facility on the forum which has sometimes helped me find things again (not always).

Can I re-emphasis to people the importance of getting their MPs involved - and their families' MPs? Without giving too much away at this stage - it is becoming very helpful to enlist the support of one or two of the more proactive of these...

You never know - YOURS might be the MP who has the key to resolving this mess!

Just remember - many aren't just MPs but... let's just say that they have useful knowledge.

Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  12:12:41  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
>>although there is a search facility on the forum which has sometimes helped me find things again>>

I've been looking for that but so far have failed to find it!

Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  17:31:23  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Top right under 'Working Family Tax Credits' on any page!

Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  18:47:11  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ali M-W

Top right under 'Working Family Tax Credits' on any page!

Thank you.

Now if you could just lead me to a good optician ...

Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2008 :  07:32:09  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Try this:

Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2008 :  00:21:21  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
It seems to me that we could do with knowing which of our MPs are most and least helpful in the matter of tax credits.

Anyone want to say who their MP is and how helpful they have found them?

My own MP is Sarah McCarthy-Fry, and she has written a few 'my constituent says/feels' letters to HMRC. She does not think there should be an Amnesty but that 'each case should be looked at on its own merits'. And she has asked Dawn Primarolo and Jane Kennedy to meet with us, but to no avail.

She did describe my case as 'a catalogue of errors' once...

Morpheus: Welcome to the real world.

Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2008 :  02:02:28  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
>>Anyone want to say who their MP is and how helpful they have found them?<<

Lets have them named & shamed here:

Apathy rules OK - so why do I bother?
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  08:09:29  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
You must be logged in to see this link. shows that sometimes MPs do listen!

Also, John Hemming's piece, here: You must be logged in to see this link.

And our 'Success' section will show how members have had their overpayments wiped out once their MP has got involved.

It doesn't always work, of course - and if our Webmaster or others know how, I would like to keep a tally of how the different parties fare. With the odd exception, I am seeing a pattern where claimants with Opposition MPs seem to secure full write-offs more commonly than those of us with Labour MPs. It may not be possible, but if we could set something up for members with successful outcomes to tell us which MPs were involved, I suspect a Postcode Lottery may also be operating.

Morpheus: … as long as there is a single breath in his body he'll never give up… and neither can we.
Go to Top of Page

Ali M-W
Mod

3558 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  08:10:16  Show Profile Send Ali M-W a Private Message
Statistics like that might just come in useful for us when we decide who we want to vote for...

Morpheus: … as long as there is a single breath in his body he'll never give up… and neither can we.
Go to Top of Page

auntieh
Rank; Really should become a politician

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  21:02:57  Show Profile Send auntieh a Private Message
You must be logged in to see this link. shows that sometimes MPs do listen!

Well said to that MP. But really, why on earth was Jane Kennedy 'surprised' to learn that TC problems make up 40% of this MP's consituency work. Even my own Nu Labour Whip MP has admitted to me in a letter that much of her constituency work comprises Tax Credit issues. If Jane Kennedy et al are genuinely not aware of the scale of the problem then it just goes to show how out of touch this Government is with the lives of ordinary people. I suspect that she's not really surprised at all though. Either way, what is not surprising is that the ruling party has been trounced in the Local Government elections today.

"You can dress a pig in a suit but you can't stop it grunting"
Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  02:10:37  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
>>...what is not surprising is that the ruling party has been trounced in the Local Government elections today.<<

And if they keep going the way they are they'll be trounced in the next General Election too.

Take note Gorgon Brown - the writing is well & truly on the wall for you you arrogant little twerp!

Go to Top of Page

sammy
Rank; Really should become a politician

690 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  16:35:41  Show Profile Send sammy a Private Message
The latest local election, labour have hung on in my ward, but lost sheffield as a whole to the libs. (impossible 10 years ago)

Worth noting, the bnp came second in several wards. Undoubtedly, imho; protest voters, whom will never ever vote tory, but felt obliged to vote for something
A significan number voted bnp rather than labour or lib dem.
Many declined to vote at all

...the labour party should be worried...very very worried.

Go to Top of Page

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  17:06:15  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
>>...the labour party should be worried...very very worried. <<

About time Gordon Clown was made to walk the plank over the side of his Flagship HMRC Tax Credits and the said Flagship scuttled in very deep water.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2