Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Tax Credit Casualties Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Archive
 Campaigning Section
 Birthday cards
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alan the Geordie
Admin

3032 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  20:27:37  Show Profile Send Alan the Geordie a Private Message
No it's not my birthday & I'm not asking for any cards - or prezzies - so you can all relax a bit!

I found this on Nick Morgan's site "Tax-hell" (You must be logged in to see this link.)

"Wednesday, 2 July 2008
Happy Birthday!

Hi Dave Hartnett

Congratulations, this month my tax investigation is three years old!

Yes, I made a few mistakes with my returns, but the basics of the case are that I didn't pay much tax because I didn't earn much money - some years it was below the tax threshold!

My low earnings have been obvious for quite some time.

Why has it gone on for so long? Well HMRC would blame me for any delay (what with all that tedious complaining) but ultimately HMRC has been the one running the investigation so HMRC has to take responsibility. I think the Investigating Officer just felt that if she could dig for long enough she would eventually strike gold - she was wrong."

(there's more - this is just a little taste of it!)

My idea is this; How about all those of us who are still fighting one year, two years of whatever years send Birthday Cards with a message similar to the one above to Brown, Darling, Kennedy & Co. just as a gentle reminder that we're still here & they are still pissing about?

While we're at it, we could also send each of them 2 CDs - they never know - they just may be the two they lost? Just to be sure, they'll need to examine them & this will cause a bit on inconvenience for them.

Fight dirty!!

"Dave Anderson (Labour) MP for Blaydon rocks!!"
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tax Credit Casualties Forum © 2005-10 Tax Credit Casualties Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2